No tuning at all - UnknownError (1 Viewer)

mortstar

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 30, 2008
    Home Country
    England England

OKAY, when running 2.3.0 setup - the included install of C++ (x86) install throws up an error with message "$NAME".

I manually installed both the x86 and x64 C++ packages and now receive no errors on TV Client Plugin install.

I'm still seeing the same symptoms in MediaPortal. i.e. In TVServer config - the manual control I can start a TimeShift and then open up the .ts stream with Media Player and watch.

When I open MediaPortal and go to MyTV I get "Missing or invalid file" white text on black screen.

I've followed Damandan's instructions top of page 2 and this is where I've got to. Looking at another post with this error (https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/...g-invalid-file-my-tv-client-35199/#post233814) it is suggested that it's an svn mismatch. I can't say if this is the case because I've got the files compiled and attached by damandan.

If only the svns could compile correctly against an x64 processor.....arrrrgh my head is spinning!

testimies

Portal Pro
    October 12, 2007
    Espoo
    Home Country
    Finland Finland
    I have 64 bit vista and I have the same problem.

I have found out that I can use standard mediaportal & SVN's from mediaportal website. Only tv engine and plugin has to be compiled for x86. It makes things a bit easier.

mortstar

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 30, 2008
    Home Country
    England England
    Heheh

Looks like we are following each other around....just saw and posted on that thread :)

Compiling code is far more difficult than I thought, glad that it is a simple setting to fix it, hopefully.

Damandan

Portal Pro
    May 19, 2007
    Tegelen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    All is working again since yesterday. Whoohoo. Thanks devs. I just wonder why I was the only one back in December to notice this strange behaviour and it wasn't until a few days ago that others started experiencing the same problem. Strange!

mortstar

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 30, 2008
    Home Country
    England England
    All is working again since yesterday. Whoohoo. Thanks devs. I just wonder why I was the only one back in December to notice this strange behaviour and it wasn't until a few days ago that others started experiencing the same problem. Strange!

For me it is because I've just built (this weekend) my first PC with x64 OS on it, which means I now want a proper HTPC setup, which lead me to want to use SVNs to get the latest TVServer/Client functionality. Which is when I stumbled upon your work :)

Damandan

Portal Pro
    May 19, 2007
    Tegelen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    OK, thats a plausible thing. I just can't imagine that there aren't that many svn users which don't have x64. I mean, there must be more users that use x64 and TVE3. However I am just glad that it works again.

mortstar

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 30, 2008
    Home Country
    England England
    TV-Server Version: SVN 17386
    MediaPortal Version: SVN 17386
    MediaPortal Skin: BlueTwo
    Windows Version: Windows XP SP2 x64
    CPU Type: Intel C2D E8200
    HDD: WD 500Gb
    Memory: 2x 2Gb Geil Black Dragon
    Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-G33M-DS2R
    Motherboard Chipset:
    Motherboard Bios:
    Video Card: HIS ATi 3870
    Video Card Driver: 8.1
    Sound Card:
    Sound Card AC3:
    Sound Card Driver:
    1. TV Card: Hauppauge WinTV-Nova-T-500
    1. TV Card Type: Dual DVB-T
    1. TV Card Driver:
    2. TV Card:
    2. TV Card Type:
    2. TV Card Driver:
    3. TV Card:
    3. TV Card Type:
    3. TV Card Driver:
    4. TV Card:
    4. TV Card Type:
    4. TV Card Driver:
    MPEG2 Video Codec:
    MPEG2 Audio Codec:
    Satelite/CableTV Provider:
    HTPC Case: Antec Fusion v2 Silver
    Cooling: Scythe Mini Ninja
    Power Supply:
    Remote:
    TV:
    TV - HTPC Connection:

Installed the latest SVN for MP and TVE3 (17386). Still no channels found on scan.

I've attached the TVserver log files.

gemx

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 31, 2006
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Seems like very bad reception because of
    Code:
    2008-02-13 10:56:02.921875 [8]: Scan: tuner locked:True signal:35 quality:10

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom