No TV after upgrade to MP 1.0.2 (2 Viewers)

xxs

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 18, 2009
    Bayern
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I have similar problems. After upgrade from 1.0.1 to 1.0.2 - TV doesn't work anymore.

Ruud

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 5, 2004
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    workaround?

Hi,

probably similar issue but then with clean install.
    Found workaround that I would like you to test: see if this also works for you.

workaround can be found here

Hope this also helps you with your setups.

regards,
    Ruud.

PeteA

Portal Pro
    March 6, 2007
    Kent
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Hi All

I think that in my case the WiFI is a bit of a red herring as looking again at my logs I see I am getting the following,

at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlInternalConnection.OnError(SqlException exception, Boolean breakConnection)
    at System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParser.ThrowExceptionAndWarning(TdsParserStateObject stateObj)
    at System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParser.Run(RunBehavior runBehavior, SqlCommand cmdHandler, SqlDataReader dataStream, BulkCopySimpleResultSet bulkCopyHandler, TdsParserStateObject stateObj)
    at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlInternalConnectionTds.CompleteLogin(Boolean enlistOK)
    at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlInternalConnectionTds.AttemptOneLogin(ServerInfo serverInfo, String newPassword, Boolean ignoreSniOpenTimeout, Int64 timerExpire, SqlConnection owningObject)
    at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlInternalConnectionTds.LoginNoFailover(String host, String newPassword, Boolean redirectedUserInstance, SqlConnection owningObject, SqlConnectionString connectionOptions, Int64 timerStart)
    at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlInternalConnectionTds.OpenLoginEnlist(SqlConnection owningObject, SqlConnectionString connectionOptions, String newPassword, Boolean redirectedUserInstance)
    at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlInternalConnectionTds..ctor(DbConnectionPoolIdentity identity, SqlConnectionString connectionOptions, Object providerInfo, String newPassword, SqlConnection owningObject, Boolean redirectedUserInstance)
    at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnectionFactory.CreateConnection(DbConnectionOptions options, Object poolGroupProviderInfo, DbConnectionPool pool, DbConnection owningConnection)
    at System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionFactory.CreatePooledConnection(DbConnection owningConnection, DbConnectionPool pool, DbConnectionOptions options)
    at System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionPool.CreateObject(DbConnection owningObject)
    at System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionPool.UserCreateRequest(DbConnection owningObject)
    at System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionPool.GetConnection(DbConnection owningObject)
    at System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionFactory.GetConnection(DbConnection owningConnection)
    at System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionClosed.OpenConnection(DbConnection outerConnection, DbConnectionFactory connectionFactory)
    at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnection.Open()
    at Gentle.Provider.SQLServer.SQLServerProvider.GetConnection()

2009-05-09 18:51:55.281250 [Powerscheduler Timer]: Exception :Error: DatabaseUnavailableUnclassified
    Gentle.Common.GentleException: The database backend (provider SQLServer) could not be reached.
    Check the connection string: Password=***;Persist Security Info=True;User ID=sa;Initial Catalog=MpTvDb;Data Source=mce\SQLEXPRESS;Connection Timeout=300; ---> System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException: Cannot open database "MpTvDb" requested by the login. The login failed.
    Login failed for user 'sa'.

So it would seem I am having problems connecting to the database, even-though the database connected ok when I first run MP TV Setup, is this a case of deleting the current MpTvDb and allowing it to be re-built? I can log into this database ok using MySQL manager with the default sa and MediaPortal username and password, so I can't see what is going wrong here at all.

Regards Pete

Luke Roberts

Portal Pro
    August 23, 2007
    IJmuiden
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Hi guys,

I have not yet looked at my logs, however after upgrade from 1.0.1 to 1.0.2my TVserver (single seat and multiseat) is not stable anymore. After a minute or two of watching TV the TV service stops and Mediaportal fails. The only thing I did was upgrade to 1.0.2 and walk through the TV server configuration (connect to database). I hope we sot this out soon. TV was VERY stable before 1.0.2.

[update] I just added the TVserver logs. If these are used: The TVservice stopped at 10:44. I hope these help.

Thanks,

Luke

Attachments

• log-crash-1044am-LukeRoberts.zip
      30.7 KB

PeteA

Portal Pro
    March 6, 2007
    Kent
    Home Country
    Hi All

OK have now done a complete clean up MP files uninstall, and also uninstalled MSSql, and performed a clean install of MP 1.0.2, result is exactly the same?? what is going on here, I have done a logs collection of the new install and I hope someone can shed some light on what is happening. One thing I have noticed is that I can tune to any of my TV channels from the TV Server config using the preview button the problems only start if I go into MP and try to use the TV server from there.

I Hope you can help as its looking like I will have to go back to 1.0.0 which works OK on my PC.

Regards Pete

neo2001

Portal Member
    December 26, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    One thing I have noticed is that I can tune to any of my TV channels from the TV Server config using the preview button the problems only start if I go into MP and try to use the TV server from there.
    Yep, that's exactly what I noticed, too.

PeteA

Portal Pro
    March 6, 2007
    Kent
    Home Country
    Is there no one that can help with this problem? (Again)

Pom

Portal Pro
    August 10, 2006
    Gloucester
    Home Country
    Hi - i'd like to join in on this one.

PROBLEM 1:
    ~~~~~~~~
    I lost TV Server stability after doing an upgrade install from 1.0.0.0 to 1.0.1.0 and the problem persists after upgrading to 1.0.2.0. The problem i get is the same as PeteA's post of 09.27 today:

At least once i day i get this error generated (see attached tvservererror.log): "Cannot open database "MpTvDb" requested by the login. The login failed.
    Login failed for user 'sa'."

i.e. database connection issues. This is NOT related to WiFi problems - i have done the 'single-seat set up trick' with MS Loopback adaptor, followed umpteen other threads all to do with database connection issues but all are completely useless. My upgrade to MP 1.0.1.0 broke it without any doubt. I wondered if it had anything to do with the 'upgrade' install instead of 'clean' install. One niggly thing i have in my mind after just reading another completely unrelated thread, is that when i did my clean install of 1.0.0.0 i chose to use the TV Server (not inbuilt TV engine) however i said 'no' to the 'do you want to watch HD content' question. Apparently this does something different with the database??? (maybe someone could enlighten me!)

PROBLEM 2:
    ~~~~~~~~
    A problem i've seen before and can't remember how i fixed it (most probably rolled back to previous version of MP which i was happy with). This is a DirectX problem (see attached mperror.log).

Again, MP 1.0.2.0 broke it without any doubt.

Sorry people, i am a HUGE fan of MediaPortal, but i find it extremely frustrating that as soon as i start to enjoy a stable installation it all goes t*ts up when i try to upgrade it.

Any ideas on above problems very welcome....

PeteA

Portal Pro
    March 6, 2007
    Kent
    Home Country
    Hi Lee

Sorry to hear that you have the same problems, mine deffo started with an upgrade to 1.0.1, when I posted about it in here I did not get any help at all, and its begining to look as if its going to be the same for this problem.

Sorry people, i am a HUGE fan of MediaPortal, but i find it extremely frustrating that as soon as i start to enjoy a stable installation it all goes t*ts up when i try to upgrade it.

I could not agree more, MP must be the most frustrating bit of software ever, but I can't live without it....

Any way I have now reverted back to 1.0.0 and surprise surprise its all working fine again, so this can not be a problem with my Windows installation.

Regards Pete

Pom

Portal Pro
    August 10, 2006
    Gloucester
    Home Country
    *** You've only got to search the forum for the string "login failed for user 'sa'" to see that MANY people are experiencing this exact problem with the two most recent versions of MP. This MUST be a genuine bug and should therefore be moved to the bug list (any volunteers - someone who knows the procedure...?!) I get the impression that the developers are ignoring this one - am i wrong? ***

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom