No TV in MP window - get seperated activiemovie window? (1 Viewer)

ramu

Portal Pro
July 15, 2008
TV-Server Version1.0.1:
MediaPortal Version1.0.1:
MediaPortal Skin:
Windows Version XP SP3:

serveral systems :

Hello,

after upgrading to 1.0.1 I get on all of my systems (PC and notebooks) a seperated activemovie window while watching TV. It's not possible to view tv inside MP and in full screen mode the system isn't able to go back to normal windows.

ramu

ronilse

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 19, 2005
    Moss
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Hi,
    Post as required in this section, no logs or description on how to reproduce & system specs = deleted posts.

Regards
    Roy

ramu

Portal Pro
    July 15, 2008
    Hi!

Sorry about the logs..

I'm wondering if there was a change between version 1.0.0.0 and 1.0.1.0? With MP 1.0.0 there was no problem in watching TV on all of these systems??

Who do I find out if my computers are dx9 compatible???

Thx
    ramu

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Who do I find out if my computers are dx9 compatible

If you run "dxdiag" you should get a screen like below, it will tell you the video processor installed on your machine.

sshot-34.jpg

As you can see mines a Nvidia 7900gs

ramu

Portal Pro
    July 15, 2008
    Hi Ray,

I've found that on my notebook it's a ATI Mobile Fire GL 9000 and on the PC it's a Radeon 9250 AGP Chipset. On both systems the dxdiag.exe tells that there is the directx 9.0c (4.09.0000.0904) version runing without problems. Also the directx tests are ok.

I've attached the logfiles out of the log directroy, perhaps that will help. I did'nt see there a problem...

So is there anything changed betwwen 1.0.0 and 1.0.1? There weren't any problems like that under 1.0.0...

ramu

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    ATI Mobile Fire GL 9000 and on the PC it's a Radeon 9250 AGP Chipset.

Both of above are not dx9, this started with 9550 and above, what you may try is making sure you have any Bios memory settings for both cards set to there optimal, ie 128 or 256 for assigned memory, 64 or preferable 128 aperture memory.

Funny this has happened because a lot of changes have been to optimize video memory use, was this a upgrade or a clean install, might be worthwhile deleting any cached files in the cached folder, this can easily be located by opening MP config and using the link to user folders at the top.

wonkyd

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 29, 2007
    Home Country
    I've found if you don't have DXVA enabled on the codec this can happen. It happens with my GeForce 8200 and thats DirectX 10 compatible.

ramu

Portal Pro
    July 15, 2008
    I'm not quit sure where to enable DXVA? Do You mean in MP Configuration -> DVD -> DVD Codec -> Turn off DxVA to be disabled ?

I've tried both without any result, the ACTIVEMOVIE WINDOW is stil there.

Or is there an other place to enable this VXVA ??

pnyberg

Portal Pro
    August 21, 2006
    Stockholm
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Hi ramu,

As I said in my earlier post - in your case it doesn't matter - since your card is NOT DX9 capable.
    I'm in the same boat as you with one of my PCs that has a 9250 GFX chip.

Your only resolution is to either downgrade to ver 1.0 or buy a new gfx card.

sorry.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom