non-admin users (1 Viewer)

A

Anonymous

I tested MP with a non-admin user and it didn´t work, because it tries to write to c:\program files...
It would be nice if this great software would also run with non-admin users....
regards,
Albert

jadz

Portal Pro
August 30, 2004
Canada
There is an option when setting up the program to allow all users to run the program (0.0.0.9 and up I think). Did you check this?

I sometimes forget to change the permissions when I overwrite my install files with a CVS build.

A

Anonymous

JIT debugging error

Now I checked the "all users" option when installing the latest CVS. When I change to a user without admin rights the MP-icon is on the desktop, but when I start MP I get an error message: "JIT debugging error - access denied..."

jadz

Portal Pro
August 30, 2004
Canada
Re: JIT debugging error

Are you installing from the installer or extracting the latest CVS on top of your existing installation?

If you are extracting then you need to make sure that the files you extract are available to all other users too.

-Jadz

A

Anonymous

Just give the restricted user write access to the team media portal folder and subdirectories.

You could further tighten this if you knew specifically which files and/or folder s they need write access to for normal MP usage.

You could try a specific deny for that account on configure.exe to stop them changing any settings (be very careful with deny permissions, generally I won't use them. However its a quick fix until you know explicilty which files/folders need read access and which need write access for normal operation)

A

Anonymous

local settings

Wouldn´t it be better to remove the configuration and DB files to the "my files and settings" folders. Restricted users have write access there. Different user settings would be possible or shared settings in the "all users" folder...?..

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

Where hardcoded? Yes this code work when you watch movie and playTimePercentage < _watchedPercentage, And if playTimePercentage < _watchedPercentage we only update playTimePercentage in movie, and dont touch watched flag ... IMHO its work, and work fine ...
Where hardcoded? Yes this code work when you watch movie and playTimePercentage < _watchedPercentage, And if playTimePercentage <...
I believe that the design for VideoDatabaseV5 originated in the Kodi design for a similar database. Somewhere down the line the MP...
Replies
Views
I tried upgrading from 2.2.3 to 2.3 on my Win10 HPTC. I fixed a couple of issues on the impossibility to run the 64bit and on the non working hama/ortek remote which is not full RC6 compliant following advice in this forum, but I was unable to see Live TV recordings with the user interface (both the old one and the new nereus one). I...
I tried upgrading from 2.2.3 to 2.3 on my Win10 HPTC. I fixed a couple of issues on the impossibility to run the 64bit and on the...
I tried upgrading from 2.2.3 to 2.3 on my Win10 HPTC. I fixed a couple of issues on the impossibility to run the 64bit and on the...
Replies
Views
Could be that a sudden powercut corrupts the database, or give all your pcs a new ipadres, or several more things that can break up a running mediaportal setup. Without the logs however, I don't have a clue on what exactly is wrong...
Could be that a sudden powercut corrupts the database, or give all your pcs a new ipadres, or several more things that can break up...
Hi there, I'm a happy long time user and am currently using MP 1.25. Up until now I had no issues with my setup. Yesterday...
Replies
Views
Welcome aboard! I'm also new here c: And yep, we have wiki for answers :D
Welcome aboard! I'm also new here c: And yep, we have wiki for answers :D
Hi All, I have been a WMC user for many years and have now decided to try something new. I tried Kodi but decided against it as...
Replies
Views
I ended up doing a clone disk recovery. I had just done a backup, and I figured I might as well test it -- it's been a while since I've gone through the recovery process. All good. :) I had the logs, but lost them in the recovery. Sorry. :( I believe the issue was that I had removed Windows Media Player from Windows Features. Still...
I ended up doing a clone disk recovery. I had just done a backup, and I figured I might as well test it -- it's been a while since...
So I tried upgrading from 1.27 to 1.28. I upgrade frequently without issues. I did a simple upgrade, so I did not delete my user...
Replies
Views
Top Bottom