non-admin users (1 Viewer)

A

Anonymous

I tested MP with a non-admin user and it didn´t work, because it tries to write to c:\program files...
It would be nice if this great software would also run with non-admin users....
regards,
Albert

jadz

Portal Pro
August 30, 2004
Canada
There is an option when setting up the program to allow all users to run the program (0.0.0.9 and up I think). Did you check this?

I sometimes forget to change the permissions when I overwrite my install files with a CVS build.

A

Anonymous

JIT debugging error

Now I checked the "all users" option when installing the latest CVS. When I change to a user without admin rights the MP-icon is on the desktop, but when I start MP I get an error message: "JIT debugging error - access denied..."

jadz

Portal Pro
August 30, 2004
Canada
Re: JIT debugging error

Are you installing from the installer or extracting the latest CVS on top of your existing installation?

If you are extracting then you need to make sure that the files you extract are available to all other users too.

-Jadz

A

Anonymous

Just give the restricted user write access to the team media portal folder and subdirectories.

You could further tighten this if you knew specifically which files and/or folder s they need write access to for normal MP usage.

You could try a specific deny for that account on configure.exe to stop them changing any settings (be very careful with deny permissions, generally I won't use them. However its a quick fix until you know explicilty which files/folders need read access and which need write access for normal operation)

A

Anonymous

local settings

Wouldn´t it be better to remove the configuration and DB files to the "my files and settings" folders. Restricted users have write access there. Different user settings would be possible or shared settings in the "all users" folder...?..

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

@Brownard another logs of failed installations. I'll take a look into the user management. Edit: I can confirm user management is completey broken with NET4 and NET6 :( Neither an existing profile can be selected nor a new one can be created.
@Brownard another logs of failed installations. I'll take a look into the user management. Edit: I can confirm user management is...
Description: Hi there. First of all, I appreciate all the effort in MediaPortal 2 release 2.5 - visible changes look great (eg...
Replies
Views
OK, I found a way to make it work. It seems like MP-TV-series Configuration (and Moving Pictures Configuration) starts as Administrator, and the Administrator do not have yet logged in on the UNC \\192.168.222.247\Public even if the normal user on the PC have done it. So to fix it on the Win 11 HTPC: Created a shortcut to...
OK, I found a way to make it work. It seems like MP-TV-series Configuration (and Moving Pictures Configuration) starts as...
Hi! I was running MP1.33 x64 and I was fine and happy since many years, then the hard drive on the HTPC died. But I was able to...
Replies
Views
I avoid touching that system as long as it runs. Now that 2.4.1 seems to run again, I probably wait for the next issue.
I avoid touching that system as long as it runs. Now that 2.4.1 seems to run again, I probably wait for the next issue.
Hi, I have just upgraded from MP 2.2.2 to MP 2.4.1, and now the client won't start. I see the splash screen, and then it just...
Replies
Views
(egg in face) I had to dnld SD plugin mpe1 to re install. trying again Thnx
(egg in face) I had to dnld SD plugin mpe1 to re install. trying again Thnx
Pre Releases are provided as a way for the community to test and give feedback on all the exciting things we have lined up for the...
Replies
Views
If anyone ever experiences the above, I found a fix. Removing and reinstalling MP-TVSeries fixed it. It must have gotten corrupted during the reinstall of MP. I also had to do the same with TRAKT which had some issues too that were not apparent at the time. All is well once again. :cool:
If anyone ever experiences the above, I found a fix. Removing and reinstalling MP-TVSeries fixed it. It must have gotten corrupted...
After much trial and error and comparing this computer with another that was working, I finally found out that Fanarthandler...
Replies
Views
Top Bottom