framug

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 31, 2005
    South of France
    Home Country
    France France
    Hi all,

I have fixed 0 Signal Level on my NOVA-TD500 84XXX model (and, probably others cards wich works the same way) :

2009-04-27 18:38:11.453125 [16]: **************************************************
    2009-04-27 18:38:11.453125 [16]: ***** SIGNAL LEVEL: 87, SIGNAL QUALITY: 100 *****
    2009-04-27 18:38:11.453125 [16]: **************************************************

It has been tested and working both with others improvements I made.
    That's why, to avoid problem, it's better you use this 2 files wich include others improvements.

Included changes/fix/improvements :
    A) The com error fix discussed above.
    B) The annoying multi-click browse buttons :
    https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/development-91/stop-too-much-clicking-browse-buttons-57916/
    C) The Initialize Manual Control Form when TVService is stopped :
    https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/development-91/setuptv-manual-control-less-confusing-58619/

If some of you want to test :

Please, BACKUP your original files BEFORE.

1/ Stop TVService.
    2/ Backup your files.
    3/ Replace files with files provided in the archive.
    4/ Restart TVService.
    5/ Try.

Still stay my Pinnacle card problem.
    Did I say "it's a good configuration for not having a headacke" ? :eek:

Bye.

Attachments

• Fix Signal Level NOVA-TD500 84XXX.rar
      30.7 KB

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I have fixed 0 Signal Level on my NOVA-TD500 84XXX model (and, probably others cards wich works the same way)

What exactly do you have fixed there? It's interesting...

Your other modification are quite useful, I think ;)

framug

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 31, 2005
    South of France
    Home Country
    France France
    What exactly do you have fixed there? It's interesting...
    1/ Some cards really returns signal strengh in mDB, not in DB.
    2/ Some cards returns Sub-nominal signal strengh and MP can treat them but, it seems some of them works with Super-nominal signal strengh too. ;)
    3/ Also now, _signalPresent returns if signal is present instead of if Tuner is Locked.

Your other modification are quite useful, I think ;)
    If it is useful for users and, it finally improve MP then, it's OK. :)

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Is there a way to safely detect what kind of card does return mdB, so that your modification works with all card types? Not that all "normal" acting cards are not working anymore correctly ;)

gemx

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 31, 2006
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Would be nice if you could provide a diff file so i can check your changes :D

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Tried this with a T500, did not break anything that I can see, but then I could see my signal level fine anyway, but would be good if it does improve the accuracy of logs reporting no signal :)

infinite.loop

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 26, 2004
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    framug
    if you do changes to MediaPortal you have to publish the sources including your changes as well, because its GPL.
    Please attach the sourcefiles so that our developers can have a look and maybe add them to our repository.

:D

framug

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 31, 2005
    South of France
    Home Country
    France France
    Is there a way to safely detect what kind of card does return mdB, so that your modification works with all card types? Not that all "normal" acting cards are not working anymore correctly ;)
    If you mean "Is there a flag in Broadcast Driver Architecture Multimedia Definitions for cards returning signal in mDB ?", answer is No (or, I didn't find it).
    If you mean "Did you find a safe and secure code for not breaking existing treatment ?", answer is Yes, normaly it should not break existing treatment cards (I hope but I have to test more).

Would be nice if you could provide a diff file so i can check your changes :D
    Since the ghostbuster :D misterd fixed it :
    0002113: [TvServer] TvExceptionNoSignal on tuning causes ghost channel (misterd) - closed.
    I suppose I have not the same code as you because, mine is based on MP 1.0.1, not with latest changes then, diff file could not be comprehensive with latest MP code.
    It also could fix my pinnacle card problem.

Tried this with a T500, did not break anything that I can see, but then I could see my signal level fine anyway, but would be good if it does improve the accuracy of logs reporting no signal :)
    Sometimes, logs report signal with lower value than reality cause displayed a little bit too fast for some cards signal update process, but, I suppose it's better not waiting for this trivial thing.

if you do changes to MediaPortal you have to publish the sources including your changes as well, because its GPL.
    Please attach the sourcefiles so that our developers can have a look and maybe add them to our repository.

:D
    May be I posted .rar files too early because, I was happy to fix a part of problem.
    Feel free to delete .rar if you want, no problem and, sorry for that, if any.
    For the moment, it's not finished, it stays my pinnacle card problem then, code is dirty.
    I have to fix it first and also test for no break with an analog card (PVR-500) (I have not the latest MP code for the latest analog fix card, too).
    I don't want to provide an unfinished/unsecure/not well tested/not cleaned code.
    When all will be fixed (may be code based on MP 1.0.2 or SVN or elsewhere, don't know), of course, I will publish (with pleasure) the changes wich are really light and, nothing significant important inside all the great MP code.

Regards.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom