[NOR translate] Started updating - help would be nice (WIP) (1 Viewer)

Spragleknas

• Team MediaPortal
  • December 21, 2005
    Located
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Title says it all.
    So far @ <string Field="Hide_summary_on_unwatched" Original="Hide the episode's summary on unwatched

Current translation is (IMO) not the best and suffers from bad usage of capital letters (Stor Bokstav Ved Hvert Ord)

Attachments

• no.xml
      4.9 KB

olavm

Portal Pro
    November 1, 2007
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Actually, check out the file no-NB.xml from earlier versions of tvseries. Much better, but could use som fine tuning. I thnk i might have posted this issue somewhere in the My TV-series plugin forum earlier after the plugin changed to automatic language settings.

Attachments

• no-NB.xml
      9.8 KB
    Last edited:

hulkhaugen

Portal Pro
    November 9, 2008
    Arendal
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Is this still WIP? I beleive i made the no_NB.xml "back in the days"... I suppose i could help out with some updates ;)

EDIT: Where do i fint the most up-to-date source for this translation?

Last edited:

hulkhaugen

Portal Pro
    November 9, 2008
    Arendal
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Thanks, already translated a lot. But i have one question, here are two examples:

<stringField="AskToRate"Original="Ask me to rate unrated episodes">Ask me to rate unrated episodes</string>
    <stringField="CFS_Select_Matching_Subitle_File"Original="Select Matching Subtitle File">Select Matching Subtitle File</string>

Seem like a good mix of sentences where all words have capital first letters, and others where only the first word starts with a capital letter. Is these sentences case sensitive as to how they will be displayed in MP?

and also, i find this to be a challenge:
    <stringField="SortByStrings"Original="SortByStrings">the|a|an</string><!--Additional ones should be added for other languages, dont translate existing ones as they will be used as well-->

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    and also, i find this to be a challenge:
    <stringField="SortByStrings"Original="SortByStrings">the|a|an</string><!--Additional ones should be added for other languages, dont translate existing ones as they will be used as well-->

That relates to the article remove setting, so an English user with "The Series" sees 'the' removed so it gets sorted under the letter 'S', sorta like "Series, The". A German user would need "die|ein" for example, but this would interfere with an English user on a movie title such as "Die Hard". This is why article remove strings are now set via the language file, so they automatically adjust.

However the comment does confuse me as well, so maybe @ltfearme can give you more insight.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom