[NOR translate] Started updating - help would be nice (WIP) (1 Viewer)

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    You are right Rochess, the comment is basically stating that you can keep the existing english articles and add language specific ones after because you might also have english named series in your list. So for german you might do the|a|an|die|ein.

With respect to the translations CFS_Select_Matching_Subitle_File is not even used in code anywhere so it needs to be removed. The other one is used in the Options menu, I think that should be in normal sentence form but I have to double check what the rest of the options are like.

hulkhaugen

Portal Pro
    November 9, 2008
    Arendal
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Those were just two examples. A lot of sentences in the translation xml has every word with first letter capital. If that is how it's displayed, it will look very unprofessional IMO...

olavm

Portal Pro
    November 1, 2007
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Those were just two examples. A lot of sentences in the translation xml has every word with first letter capital. If that is how it's displayed, it will look very unprofessional IMO...

Agree 100%. Also a direct translation often leads to a lot of split words (orddeling) in norwegian which also looks bad. The no.xml file contains both too many split words and captial letters which makes it unbearable to watch.

zicoz

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 3, 2006
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    So does this still need to be done? I'm getting this weird thing where it says "Episodek 1" instread of "Episode 1" so if it needs some work let me know and I'll give it a go.

Last edited:

olavm

Portal Pro
    November 1, 2007
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    So does this still need to be done? I'm getting this weird thing where it says "Episodek 1" instread of "Episode 1" so if it needs some work let me know and I'll give it a go.

Use the no-NB.xml file i posted on page 1. That's from an earlier version of TV-series, but for some reason it's not used right now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom