[TV] North American Closed Captions (1 Viewer)

greybox

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 23, 2009
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Deda, Migue, MisterD, Sebastiii: How is the testing going on? Will the TV part be included into upcoming beta? I don't see anything in mantis. Please share good news. I understrand there might be some limitations (which we don't know yet), but since it already works on some systems, then people interested in this feature should be able to use same or similar components and enjoy TV closed captions.

odysseus

Portal Pro
    November 27, 2006
    Newtonville,Massachusetts
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    I just wanted to take a moment to thank all of you who have been working on this. Not having CC is the one and only thing that has me looking to other HTPC software. If this feature is added soon I will give up looking elsewhere, because other than this I've been very happy with my MP experience.

Deda

Lead Dev MP1 Videos
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 18, 2009
    Zagreb
    Home Country
    Croatia Croatia
    Deda, Migue, MisterD, Sebastiii: How is the testing going on? Will the TV part be included into upcoming beta? I don't see anything in mantis. Please share good news. I understrand there might be some limitations (which we don't know yet), but since it already works on some systems, then people interested in this feature should be able to use same or similar components and enjoy TV closed captions.

Can't say too much about this, it's up to Migue and Sebastiii and most of all, users feedback. I'm afraid this will not be in 1.2.0B because code freeze is this weekend.

greybox

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 23, 2009
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    How nice! Many people with and without disabilities are waiting for this feature, which it already working. I thought the code became available last year which is way before this weekend.

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    Hi,

I haven't made this patch :) only adaptation, but so for it seems working so. But does it work good for analog TV ?
    We need feedback and for sure Greybox, it seems to be working fine for you.
    Cheers,
    Seb.

greybox

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 23, 2009
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Yes, it WORKS for ANALOG TV and I placed the screenshots on page 3. I use it for all my analog recording and I wouldn't like to go back to analog TV without closed captions. PLEASE include it into mantis and 1.2.0B. This way you will have more feedback from other users and we won't need to ask the programmers to recompile and give us special binaries. Thank you very much for you help and understanding.

And what about analog teletext? It is my understanding that same approach could be used for analog teletext, but I have no way of testing this part in Canada.

Migue

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 27, 2006
    Florida
    CC was added only to TV portion of MP (and for DVDs before), not for Video Player, so CC won't show with that sample. Also, only analog CC is in MP. For digital broadcasts (like the sample) the CoreCC parser needs to be added to postprocessing section in Config.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom