[TV] North American Closed Captions (2 Viewers)

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    Tried your latest dlls, and it is working, thank you! And special thanks for the new feature: both digital and analog closed captions can be controlled from GUI now.

I am still getting "unable to create graph" from time to time. Maybe the attached logs can help?

And I need to enable CC manually, also from time to time. Is it supposed to remember the settings until next change?

Sometimes MP locks up when swithing channels, but I had that before and I am not sure if this has anything to do with CC.

Another thing: would it better to call GUI entry "4 Closed Captions" instead of "4 Subtitle". Do you use this string to control CC only, or also other subtitles. If so, then "4 Subtitles" might be better.

AND THANKS AGAIN, SEBASTIII, FOR YOUR HARD WORK!!!

And one more thing: it looks like we hijacked this thread, it wasn't initially CC related. Maybe CC related posts should be moved to my CC thread?

Hi,

This is a new dll and also a WIP fix (not by me) for analog TV.
    On recorded TV, here it's working nice (i think it should work for analog and digital live TV).
    I can't set Close Caption Entry, it will be possible later but like here we can have Teletext subtitle, i think we should keep "4-Subtitle" :)
    I try to fix (avoid) select sub manually but not sure if i succeed lol.
    Thanks for the log :)
    I will post the patch too if all seems working correctly.

greybox

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 23, 2009
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Sebastiii:

Tried your new dlls. I get CC in both analog and digital, live and recorded tv, but playback of previously recorded .ts files causes mediaportal to crash/close/disappear without any error message at the end of the playback. Logs attached.

And also my remote control stop button didn't work.

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    Thanks for testing,

Did you try on latest MP SVN ?
    I think on recent commit something change about GUI and maybe this is why MP crash close itseft but i'm not sure @ 100%
    I have did my test on old recorded sample and didn't get crash.
    Can you share the name of old and new sample (or if not in ftp, can you upload it ?) ?
    I'm happy to know that live TV works :)
    It would be nice to see if other people get the same result as you :)

Ps : About analog error in log (old log), is it better with this version ?
    About lock up, i have see this too, seems related to ffdshow video, can you try without it ?

Edit: : Talking with SilentException, i missing to supply dialogs.dll (based on recent change of GUI), MP shouldn't crash after that :) Thanks.

greybox

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 23, 2009
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Thanks, sebastiii and SE! I don't have compiled SVN, I just use regular beta with your dlls. But good news is no more crashes after I used new dialogs.dll for live TV and the samples you already have. I only tried for 10 minutes and it works, if I see any other issues, I will let you know. So far only two old issues:

1. CC always needs to be activated manually before each show
    2. If using FFDShow, analog CC cannot be switched off by remote control toggling #3 Subtitles GUI option. We have to go to FFDShow to switch it off.

Maybe we just have to live with these two! :)

P.S. One other reason I like to use FFDShow - it has a logoaway feature protecting plasma from burn-in problem. I put this new feature request into suggestions forum, I hope somebody might be interested in this development. I think it is a must for all plasma and even lcd tv owners.

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    Hi,

For case 1 : Need to debug why it happen (but like i reset setting it surely because of it but not 100% sure)
    For case 2 : I think it can be possible to switch off (CC when using ffdshow) will try to add it :)

greybox

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 23, 2009
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    It's OK, we can do it manually if it is difficult to do it from MP, but I already see some FFDShow support from within MediaPortal. As I understand, we would need get MP to modify the appropriate FFDSHow registry entry.

Attachments

• ffdshow.png
      ffdshow.png
      41.3 KB

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    You can do it also when ffdshow icon is next to local time (in taskbar) with right click on it :)

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    Hi :)

New dll :) it should solve both below case :)

1. CC always needs to be activated manually before each show.
    2. If using FFDShow, analog CC cannot be switched off by remote control toggling #3 Subtitles GUI option. We have to go to FFDShow to switch it off.

Also fix release FFDShow for PostProcessing filter :)
    I hope it's ok, build against lastest SVN.

Thanks,
    Seb.

Edit : With this dll/patch, you need to set codec with correct setting.
    I mean for example, if we set ffdshow codec as decoder (just to be sure that it was able to decode video (mpeg2/h264 etc. enable) otherwise, the graph didn't build correclty and freeze MP.
    I need to review all patch, but for now it's to see if it's works.

On my side : all codec enable under ffdshow setting and all worked good :)

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    Hi,

I have see a little bug when starting TV with h264 codec, so i fix it :)
    Can you give a try ?

Ps : for user that want to test, you need to have CoreCC Parser, added and validate in TV Post Processing Section :)

Thanks,
    Seb.

xvffx

Portal Pro
    August 15, 2007
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Hi,

I have see a little bug when starting TV with h264 codec, so i fix it :)
    Can you give a try ?

Ps : for user that want to test, you need to have CoreCC Parser, added and validate in TV Post Processing Section :)

Thanks,
    Seb.

Hi,

I've been away for awhile and just took a quick look here and (will read the whole thread again soon) but are you saying you can view cc on HD ? (h264)

once I get my setup done.. I ll surely will give this a test

best regards

Vff

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom