Norwegian WebEPG sources dead ? (1 Viewer)

olavm

Portal Pro
November 1, 2007
Home Country
Norway Norway
Or like iwrote in this post earlier today: https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/...l-digital-viasat-76205/index2.html#post717523

After some research I found that using DVB EPG grabbing from SVT1 on Canaldigital Cable (Visjon Norge on satelite) filled my EPG in 8 minutes. Maybe the info is not as good as Sol but at least the info is connected to the right program and doesn't take 3 hours to download. Hopefully this will stay stable.

Al_Capone

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 26, 2006
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    how did you make MP get EPG from that specific channel ? - the closest I find is "grab only for selected channels" , but nowhere to point MP to the channel that streams "best" EPG info..

esas

Portal Pro
    November 14, 2006
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    how did you make MP get EPG from that specific channel ? - the closest I find is "grab only for selected channels" , but nowhere to point MP to the channel that streams "best" EPG info..

Do not tick off "grab only for selected channels". Just tick off SVT1 in "Grab EPG for these channels", and only SVT1. This transponder/frequency contains EPG for all the channels.

The EPG is not so detailed after a couple of days, so I like to use "always try to update exsisting entries".

olavm

Portal Pro
    November 1, 2007
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Indeed. Just check SVT1, Update existing entries and Grab during idle. Nothing else. You can test grabbing by hitting manual dvb epg grab in the manual section where you test tineshifting.

My epg just updated after stopping liveTV to watch tvseries.

Stupid. i spent 3 years with unstable webepg/xmltv before finding the solution right in front of me.

ronilse

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 19, 2005
    Moss
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    re-using this thread, because many Norwegian users will read it:
    Recently, I discovered that Discovery, History channel and many more have correct timeline and titles, but the program description belongs to different programs - did anyone else see that ?
    Example: todays's History channel 19:10 "Battlefield" have the description "Fransk manga-inspirert animasjonsserie"

Hi,
    Yeah it's a problem with SOL has banned Internet Explorer 6 version which MP identifies as, have created a Mantis entry & on MSPC there is 2 dll's to use for those that need it(one for MP 1.1.2 & one for 1.2.0 Alpha).

Regards
    Roy

de2maso

Portal Member
    March 10, 2010
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Indeed. Just check SVT1, Update existing entries and Grab during idle. Nothing else. You can test grabbing by hitting manual dvb epg grab in the manual section where you test tineshifting.

My epg just updated after stopping liveTV to watch tvseries.

Stupid. i spent 3 years with unstable webepg/xmltv before finding the solution right in front of me.

Great !!

Worked for me too!

:D

Al_Capone

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 26, 2006
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    please post the fix here, I cannot get it from the lousy mscp forum, because it requires to be a member, and during registration I get : !There appears to be an error with the database. !

ronilse

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 19, 2005
    Moss
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Hi,

Steps for those that needs it:
    1. Download 1.1.2 or the other 1.2.0 Alpha depending on what i you use.
    2. Stop TVService.exe (Services)
    3. Unzip the file you downloaded, move TvLibrary.Utils.dll to "C:\Program Files\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal TV Server" or "C:\Program Files (x86)\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal TV Server\" folder, click yes to replaace/overwrite.
    4. Start TVService.exe again (eller reboot)
    5. OpenTV-Server Configuration -> Manual Controll -> Refresh DVB EPG(Removes all EPG entries to get the new correct)
    6. Wait for EPG to be grabbed or do a manual from Plugins -> WebEPG

Regards
    Roy

Attachments

• 1.1.2_MP_TvLibrary.Utils.dll.zip
      19.4 KB
    • 1.2.0_Alpha_MP_TvLibrary.Utils.dll.zip
      19.4 KB

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom