nova-t 9002 unable to create graph for this device (1 Viewer)

dman_lfc

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 28, 2004
    UK
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Please obtain GraphEdit and then determine if you have the Tee/Sink-Sink converter filter to choose from under WDM Streaming Tee/Splitter Devices' (Graph -> Insert Filters)...

Also ensure you have the MediaPortal Stream Analyzer, MediaPortal TS Writer & MediaPortal TS-SourceFilter filters under 'DirectShow Filters'.

DMAN

archaos

Portal Member
    October 10, 2004
    I just checked ... and yes i have got all things you asked ... do you know something else usefull ?

thx for your help.

Smirnuff

Portal Pro
    December 7, 2004
    United Kingdom
    In that case could you start regedit and attempt to make your way to:

HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{17CCA71B-ECD7-11D0-B908-00A0C9223196}\InprocServer32

If the entire path exists then it would be useful to know the value of '(Default)', it should be:

C:\WINDOWS\system32\ksproxy.ax

While you're there you might as well confirm that ThreadingModel is set to 'Both'?

Could you also post the version number of that file.

Cheers,
    Smirnoff.

archaos

Portal Member
    October 10, 2004
    the path HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{17CCA71B-ECD7-11D0-B908-00A0C9223196}\InprocServer32 exists but the value of 'default' was only ksproxy.ax. I tried to put the entire path C:\WINDOWS\system32\ksproxy.ax but my problem stay the same. ThreadingModel was already set to 'Both'.

Thanks for trying.

infinite.loop

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 26, 2004
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    archaos said:
    the path HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{17CCA71B-ECD7-11D0-B908-00A0C9223196}\InprocServer32 exists but the value of 'default' was only ksproxy.ax. I tried to put the entire path C:\WINDOWS\system32\ksproxy.ax but my problem stay the same. ThreadingModel was already set to 'Both'.
    have you checked if there is a ksproxy.ax in C:\WINDOWS\system32?

have you made a reboot before you tried it again?

Smirnuff

Portal Pro
    December 7, 2004
    United Kingdom
    I've added an extra line of logging to the method where things start going wrong, it will be available in the 14:00 CEH CVS snapshot and can be identified in the log by searching for 'GetFilterByName:', would be greatful for this additional information this logging provides.

infinite.loop

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 26, 2004
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Smirnoff said:
    I've added an extra line of logging to the method where things start going wrong, it will be available in the 14:00 CEH CVS snapshot and can be identified in the log by searching for 'GetFilterByName:', would be greatful for this additional information this logging provides.
    thank you for your efforts!

to all members:
    please attach the logfile to your posts. do not post large text parts of the logfile.
    :D

Smirnuff

Portal Pro
    December 7, 2004
    United Kingdom
    Maschine has just told me of a similar issue that he has experienced recently and it was as a result of a corrupt dshowhelper.dll, in his case an uninstall, reboot and install cycle fixed the problem so out of interest could someone who experiences this issue download the attached dshowhelper.dll and copy it to their MediaPortal folder and try once again. Prior to overwriting the current dshowhelper.dll please could you run the following and report back.

regsvr dshowhelper.dll

This can be done without the need to wait for the next CVS build.

Thanks,
    Smirnoff.

archaos

Portal Member
    October 10, 2004
    - for the dshowhelper.dll thing, i overwrite the one in my mediaportal directory (same size). then i try to register the dll with regsvr32 dshowhelper.dll :
    i have an error which tell (translate from french) "dshowhelper.dll has been loaded but the dllregister server enter point can not be found. this file can not be registered"

- i also tried the 14:00 CEH CVS snapshot and i join my log files.

thanks for helping

EDIT :

Remember the tv works fine with the old tvcapture.dll.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom