pur_berger

Super User
  • Team MediaPortal
  • Super User
  • May 14, 2007
    Vienna
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Just bought it - looking good. One thing - I can't scroll through the movies - page is not moving. In series it is working (Ipad Mini Retina). Are there any plans to include streaming in teh App (like in MPDroid?)
    Scrolling in movies is a known issue. Scrolling is working on the top half of movies page. It happens only for the fresh installed app. Just try to restart it and it will be ok and this issue will never get back :). Very strange behaviour of the bug. That's why can't catch it and fix it till now.

Yes. I do have plans to implement streaming. It's already working in my development version. I'll deliver it to the next version that will come soon.
    Ah - great :) - as I didn't restart the app - any logs which could help you nail down teh scrolling issue?

What I found a little irretating are teh Icons - can't see what these have to do with series or movies - the TV whan you identified it as Antenne becomes clear :) - but over all the app looks good as it is and I'm looking forward future development :)

khoudor

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 1, 2010
    Just bought it - looking good. One thing - I can't scroll through the movies - page is not moving. In series it is working (Ipad Mini Retina). Are there any plans to include streaming in teh App (like in MPDroid?)
    Scrolling in movies is a known issue. Scrolling is working on the top half of movies page. It happens only for the fresh installed app. Just try to restart it and it will be ok and this issue will never get back :). Very strange behaviour of the bug. That's why can't catch it and fix it till now.

Yes. I do have plans to implement streaming. It's already working in my development version. I'll deliver it to the next version that will come soon.
    No. Thanks. I can reproduce the scrolling issue. Just restart it and it will never get back to you :).

cbleek

Portal Pro
    May 8, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi khoudor,

Is it still a known bug, that i cannot start the music?
    My Music is shown, i can see the titles from the album but don't known how to start the tracks?!?

I agree, the app has a nice look and your future ideas sounds great (streaming,...) but for now, I would first prefer the basic functions to work without bugs...

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1401917175.793414.jpg

ollienator

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 13, 2007
    Could you please add the option to specify separate IP addresses for MPExtended and Wifi Remote? I have several MediaPortal clients at my place but just one MPExtendend installation.

khoudor

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 1, 2010
    Could you please add the option to specify separate IP addresses for MPExtended and Wifi Remote? I have several MediaPortal clients at my place but just one MPExtendend installation.
    MPExtended provides access to databases. TV database is located at TV Server and is using for all clients. But every client has their own music, movie and series databases. You should have mpextended for every instance. That's why you can provide two mpextended ip's. One for the client part and the other for the tv stuff. For clients you should check "Use dedicated TV server" in Novaremote zone settings.

ollienator

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 13, 2007
    Yes, thats the thing. I have a central MPExtended installation on a separate TV / file server. I have several MediaPortal clients which have their databases pointing at the content on that file server so I have access to the same data on all my clients.
    Now, I would like to use this app to select content and play it on whatever client I select in "zone".
    Ampdroid, for example, lets you specify different IPs for WifiRemote and MPExtended, so it works nicely there.

khoudor

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 1, 2010
    Yes, thats the thing. I have a central MPExtended installation on a separate TV / file server. I have several MediaPortal clients which have their databases pointing at the content on that file server so I have access to the same data on all my clients.
    Now, I would like to use this app to select content and play it on whatever client I select in "zone".
    Ampdroid, for example, lets you specify different IPs for WifiRemote and MPExtended, so it works nicely there.
    OK. If you say that this is possible and it works on ampdroid i'll investigate it and try to add this functionality.
    My opinion is that you have one file server but you installed tvseries plugin on every client. You did scan your share on every client. And when you scan it gives dinamically random ids for every episode. So one episode should have different ids on every client. That's why I think it is not possible.
    Maybe there is some other way to initialize playing not with id. I'll for sure investigate and try to find the solution for you.[DOUBLEPOST=1401997251][/DOUBLEPOST]
    Hi khoudor,

Is it still a known bug, that i cannot start the music?
    My Music is shown, i can see the titles from the album but don't known how to start the tracks?!?

I agree, the app has a nice look and your future ideas sounds great (streaming,...) but for now, I would first prefer the basic functions to work without bugs...

The known bug is that sometimes it doesn't start music. Everything working fine except music. Sorry about that. I forgot about this bug because I'm listen to music very saldom on mediaportal (i like music very much but mediaportal doesn't provide me hi-end experience in music). I'll have a look and definetelly add a fix to the next version.

khoudor

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 1, 2010
    I just released the new version and it is already available on the appstore.
    It has some bugfixes.
    Also I added tv guide grid view. To switch between normal and grid view you just click on TV icon one more time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom