[Obsolete] MPWebStream: Stream TV over the internet (1 Viewer)

cubii

Portal Pro
November 1, 2006
AW: [Updated!] MPWebStream: Stream TV over the internet

sorry if misunderstood this: i dont need to open ports for streaming inside lan?

And i am not using my external ip, i just use htpc or 192.168.178.xx (the fix ip my router gives the htpc) i just want to use the streams in the kitchen... i also tried to use the generated links directly (.m3u file)... not working

Oxan

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 29, 2009
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Indeed, you don't need to open ports for streaming inside the LAN. If I understand correctly, you can access the webinterface from another computer but the streams don't work? Then try to change the site root setting in the configuration to http://192.168.178.xx:8082/, the autodetection sometimes fails. If it doesn't work then either, please post your MPWebStream.xml and log file (paths can be found on the bottom of the web interface).

JackTramiel

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 22, 2006
    Recklinghausen
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

Hi, just wanted to to try this plugin. Installation went fine, but after my login i get following error:

Serverfehler in der Anwendung /.
    Die maximale Länge für Zeichenfolgeninhalt (8192) wurde beim Lesen von XML-Daten überschritten. Dieses Kontingent kann durch Ändern der "MaxStringContentLength"-Eigenschaft des beim Erstellen des XML-Lesers verwendeten "XmlDictionaryReaderQuotas"-Objekts erhöht werden.
    Beschreibung: Unbehandelte Ausnahme beim Ausführen der aktuellen Webanforderung. Überprüfen Sie die Stapelüberwachung, um weitere Informationen über diesen Fehler anzuzeigen und festzustellen, wo der Fehler im Code verursacht wurde.

(sorry for the german error description. cant really translate it.)

Any hint on what i am doing wrong?

Testet on same machine the server is running.

EDIT: rebooted the machine. now it cant even connect.

cubii

Portal Pro
    November 1, 2006

so i disabled the windows firewall for a moment and it works... any idea what i have to allow in the firewall to get it working with activated firewall?
    tv 4 home score service and cassini have full access. ( i think, both are green)

EDIT : It seems to work if cassini.exe (team mediaportal/tvserver/plugins/mpwebservice) is added to the allowed programs via manual adding (add another program... in firewall settings)

Aredon

Portal Member
    June 26, 2011
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    First off thank you so much for this plugin. I look forward to seeing it grow!

Server Currently running:
    MP 1.1.3 (TvServer)
    MPWebStream (3rd link)
    No-IP DUC 3.0 (DyDNS Service)
    LogMeIn Hamachi

I've been having some issues with the streams as well:
    1.) When accessing http://localhost:8080/
    2.) When accessing http://162.168.X.XXX:8080/ (via another computer on the lan)
    3.) When accessing http://MYDOMAIN.no-ip.org:8080 or Hamachi IP (via remote/off of lan pc)
    • Can't view web interface (times out)
    • Can't view streams

In all instances the stream will not load, and if I monitor the tv server app none of the tv cards start time-shifting (IE they received no command to).

Firewall is disabled on the TvServer machine. Ports are forwarded on the router (8080).

Oxan

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 29, 2009
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    JackTramiel: wow, that's a weird error (as far as I can understand German). I'll add a fix for it to the next release, but can't test it properly as I can't reproduce it.
    cubii: Yeah, there's something weird about MP and the windows firewall. I had to disable it too for some reason. Will look into automatically adding an exception though.
    Aredon: could you paste the link under the Direct link of a stream here? It's probably linking to the wrong host or port.

New version should be up somewhere these days, no exicting new features but just some bugfixes for hopefully all of your problems and a lot of changes behind the scenes for library-support (as used by the upcoming GMA and aMPdroid release).

JackTramiel

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 22, 2006
    Recklinghausen
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

Tested again some hours later and the error did not happen again. Have no clue why.
    If i restart my server it takes long time before the webserver is accessable, but thats not a big deal.
    So cant really help creating a fix for it, as long as it does not happen again. If so i will post logs.

Aredon

Portal Member
    June 26, 2011
    Home Country
    @cubii: Yeah, there's something weird about MP and the windows firewall. I had to disable it too for some reason. Will look into automatically adding an exception though.
    Recent changes have made streaming behave strangely. I had been streaming fine with VLC (files) for quite some time and then one day windows firewall started getting in the way. :/
    @Aredon: could you paste the link under the Direct link of a stream here? It's probably linking to the wrong host or port.
    I updated my post a few minutes before you wrote that, if that's still not what you're looking for let me know. However it is only the direct stream links that appear incorrect. VLC for instance shows http://192.168.X.XXX:8080/VLC.aspx?transcoder=#&channel=##

Oxan

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 29, 2009
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands

Aredon

Portal Member
    June 26, 2011
    Home Country
    I just changed everything to :8082 so I could run the StreamTV plugin as well. (It's streams appear to be working both remotely and locally. So I'm at a loss as to why MPWebStream isn't working for me :/)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom