[Obsolete] MPWebStream: Stream TV over the internet (2 Viewers)

Oxan

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 29, 2009
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    The streams probably do work but the webinterface is trying to be too clever at generating the URLs and fails. If you change the link to http://<ip/localhost>:<port>/Stream.ashx?<etc> then it should work.

Aredon

Portal Member
    June 26, 2011
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Being somewhat clever myself. I had already tried that on a few of the trans-coded links with no success, but I just gave it a shot on the non-transcoded (Direct -> Direct) link and it worked great over the LAN. However that's hitting pretty near 8Mb/s which pretty much surpasses any suitable internet streaming bandwidth. Additionally, once I close the stream receiver (VLC Client in this case), the MP service continues to timeshift that channel and the TVServer service must be restarted on the server before another stream can be viewed :/

Edit: for some unknown reason the other direct links are now working. However the transcoded stream plays for about 3 seconds then locks up entirely :/

Oxan

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 29, 2009
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Have you waited 10 secs after closing the stream? It takes some time to stop the timeshift. If you did wait, please post your logs as it should stop the timeshifting. Other bugs are already fixed in the upcoming release.

Aredon

Portal Member
    June 26, 2011
    Home Country
    It will take some time to procure logs from the server since its being remote controlled via logmein, but I will post them soon.

Yes I have waited up to a minute and the timeshift continues. However, I did notice that this only happens when the stream freezes after 2-3 seconds. On the non-trans-coded stream, when closed, the timeshifting stops as intended. So if you're correcting that bug it may correct the other one.

As far as the lockup goes... I'm running a very very old machine as the TV server in this case, and upon monitoring the CPU load, it appears it may be related. (Single core 2.4Ghz :/) In any case if you would point me to or allow me a way change the video size I could significantly reduce the CPU power required for trans-coding.

Attachments

• MPWebStream.xml
      6.5 KB

Aredon

Portal Member
    June 26, 2011
    Home Country
    Managed to get the remote web interface to show up, but it's still generating local url links. :/. Remote streams suffer the same plague as local streams, 2-3 seconds then frozen.

Oxan

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 29, 2009
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Yeah, I get the clue from your logs, should be fixed in next release which will be in the next few days :)

Aredon

Portal Member
    June 26, 2011
    Home Country
    Take your time, a lightning storm ate my TV server and I can't remote into it. It'll be about a week until I'm able to go and physically look at it, but I suspect hardware failure. :/

Oxan

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 29, 2009
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Sorry - didn't make it in time. I've a more or less beta version for you though. Install attached version (requires .NET Framework 4 full) and then try this transcoder profile (configure in the TV Server setup):

- Transcoder path: C:\Program Files\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal TV Server\plugins\MPWebStream\ffmpeg\bin\ffmpeg.exe
    - Arguments: -y -i "{0}" -s wvga -b 1350k -bt 250k -profile baseline -acodec aac -strict experimental -ab 128k -f mpegts -async 1 "{1}"
    - Input method & output method: NamedPipe
    - MIME type: video/MP2T

(I'm away for next week, so expect some delay in responses).

Attachments

• mpwebstream-test.rar
      5.8 MB

Aredon

Portal Member
    June 26, 2011
    Home Country
    Got this error when accessing the web app with that beta version, but I suspect it may be related to my version of .NET (Seems the machine is only running version 2?) I'll look into it and update my post.

Edit: Installed .NET 4.0, removed MPWebStream completely, installed the beta you gave me. I can no longer see the MPWebStream Plugin in the mediaportal server plugins list. :/

Edit 2: Removed the beta, reinstalled MPWebstream, tested streams to see if it was a .NET issue (same problems as before persisted.). Installed the beta, runtime error.

Server Error in '/' Application.
    Runtime Error
    Description: An application error occurred on the server. The current custom error settings for this application prevent the details of the application error from being viewed remotely (for security reasons). It could, however, be viewed by browsers running on the local server machine.

Details: To enable the details of this specific error message to be viewable on remote machines, please create a <customErrors> tag within a "web.config" configuration file located in the root directory of the current web application. This <customErrors> tag should then have its "mode" attribute set to "Off".

<!-- Web.Config Configuration File -->

<configuration>
    <system.web>
    <customErrors mode="Off"/>
    </system.web>
    </configuration>

Notes: The current error page you are seeing can be replaced by a custom error page by modifying the "defaultRedirect" attribute of the application's <customErrors> configuration tag to point to a custom error page URL.

<!-- Web.Config Configuration File -->

<configuration>
    <system.web>
    <customErrors mode="RemoteOnly" defaultRedirect="mycustompage.htm"/>
    </system.web>
    </configuration>

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom