[Obsolete] MPWebStream: Stream TV over the internet (1 Viewer)

Oxan

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 29, 2009
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Ok, that sucks. Can you post the new logs? And which MP version do you use?

Aredon

Portal Member
    June 26, 2011
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Well as I've been using the TVStream mod to transcode (rather unstable) my logfile is rather large now. I'd still like to get MPWebStream working as it's going to be better maintained and I assume I'll end up with a better quality stream.

Running version 1.1.3.0

Attachments

• MPLogz.zip
      198.6 KB

Oxan

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 29, 2009
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Sorry for the slow answer, I've done quite a lot of work on WebMP and GMA lately, and spend too little time on MPWebStream.

That's a weird one. It claims it has successfully started the transcoding and is sending output - which it obviously isn't. Are you btw sure that it's the correct logfile? It's last entries are from 4 July. In the beta I send you the path has changed to C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal TV Server\logs\mpwebstream.log.

As for the failure to load the index page, could you try it from the same machine as where the TvServer is installed? You should get a more detailed backtrace there.

Oxan

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 29, 2009
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Is there any thread on WebMP? I cannot find anything on it. Thanks.
    Not yet; just the post I linked in my signature. When we've got something working we'll make a thread.

msj33

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 30, 2005
    Home Country
    England England
    Hi Oxan.

Your update/work on MPWebstream is just awsome! - But what about the future for this project?

Will you keep developing features/bugfixing on this or do you now if development is moved somewhere else......(maybe onto 1 big Web-based Mediaportal plugin solution?)

I think the project is VERY promising, but still seem to have it flaws.

Features:
    -A single Installer(instead of 3) and it should be moved to the central MP repository.
    -More default transcoding options(especially for low Upload bandwidth 512Kbit-2 Mbit in MPEG4, but high resolution)
    -Better Webinterface(Options in config for which Link types to present in GUI, make use of existing TV-icons, better graphics and such)
    -Any way of integrating Sopcast/Torrent-like feature for large network use to keep upstream bandwidth low for more than 5 users?
    -If possible and implemented, a integration within TV or Onlinevideos could be nice to share Free-to-air TV-channels
    Bugs:
    -I cannot seem to delete transcoding profiles from config-window?
    -When installing, Windows Firewall is blocking Web-access both on LAN & WAN - Installation should create a Firewall rule.
    -Direct stream-link open as a download-file - Should open in WMP or VLC directly instead?
    -VLC-link does not work in IE 9 - Playback of sound, but no picture, and Fullscreen button does not work.
    -Clicking VLC-link 2nd time, this crashes Flash-player/Browser(Google Chrome) on my Computer?
    -There should be a "home-button" on Flash-player page - At the moment you have to click"back-button" on browser - Use of Back-button in browser does probably not close down TV-stream correctly?!?!
    -HTML5 link does not seem to work..........In Google Chrome player shows but no playback - In IE9 there just a red cross in player window.

/Morten

Oxan

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 29, 2009
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Hi

This project is more or less dead. Instead, I've joined the MPExtended development team and I am further developing streaming software there. One of the products we're developing is WebMediaPortal, which features a complete webinterface to MediaPortal, including streaming. This isn't completely ready yet, but it will probably have a release at least before the end of the year. The problem is that I've been quite limited on time for the last months.

Most of the feedback you gave are points I'm already aware of:
    - The VLC plugin is buggy and isn't developed further. For WebMediaPortal we've replaced it with a flash plugin which fixes most of the annoyances and browser incompatibilities.
    - Better webinterface: this is already done by Mike Lowrey for WebMediaPortal
    - I've some better transcoder profiles but this still needs some tweaking.
    - Installers are fixed in WebMediaPortal.

Some other things aren't possible:
    - Multicast (torrent-like feature) is too much work to implement, but I might implemented multiplexing of output streams some day (reducing CPU usage if 2 users watch same stream)
    - Opening directly in VLC or WMP isn't possible due to browser restrictions

So I think you'd really have to wait for WebMP. Thanks for your feedback anyway.

msj33

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 30, 2005
    Home Country
    England England
    Thanks for taking your time to answer my questions - Nice to hear that several web-plugin are now become 1!:)

I think that many Mediaportal users are interested in a forthcoming webbased access to their Mediaportal content, but don't know which plugin to use.

Care to update your first post in this thread, regarding the future development in the new WebMediaportal plugin? A blog entry telling about the features and development progress just before official release will be nice.

Hoping to see your new plugin before the end of 2011 - Keep up the great work - It's very appreciated:)

/Morten

Mike Lowrey

Portal Pro
    February 4, 2009
    Berlin
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I will talk to infinite.loop about writing a blog post about the latest changes in our development and about the upcoming features of both the webservices and also WebMP.
    My primary goal a few weeks ago was to publish WebMP really fast, but since we decided to basically redesign the whole MediaAccess API i also have to rewrite many parts of WebMP which of course delays the publishing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom