'Oh go on, one more go...', introducing My Tetris (1 Viewer)

maxtrash

Portal Pro
November 27, 2004
Tilburg, Netherlands
my current hiscore is about 13.000 and I'm sure that this could be improved upon. Does this mean that Tetris is slower on my computer which allows me to get these scores? Got a 2600+ AMD athlon and GF2MX400 graphics card?

Smirnuff

Portal Pro
December 7, 2004
United Kingdom
Wow, 13k is an awesome score!!!

Are you playing via keyboard or remote? I can easily hit the 7000 mark on my workstation using the keyboard, my average score is around 6000 on the MP box. Keyboard is definately easier and obviously more responsive.

Your system shouldn't affect gameplay or score that much, maybe on an old machine.

My g/f will make finding time to do the scoreboard hard work if she keeps reading scores like yours!

maxtrash

Portal Pro
November 27, 2004
Tilburg, Netherlands
Don't want to brag (ok I do ;-)) but level 10 is perfectly playable.
no way you can get hi scores like this with a remote though (didn't even try)

still would be interested in fps or measurements of the time it takes for a block to fall down from top to bottom in level 10 so we could compare things.

tetris%20hi%2028210.jpg

Smirnuff

Portal Pro
December 7, 2004
United Kingdom
frodo: Speaking for myself, I've not had a single crash, exception or unexplained behaviour as a result of playing the game and my family have now clocked up quite a lot of hours playing. Nobody has posted any problems or bugs either so I'm confident in saying that this is stable enough for CVS.

* edit *

frodo: I've downloaded the latest source from SF and it works great. There will be three compile errors, relating to the extra parameter of GUIFont.DrawText. The text being drawn already has its width calculated in m_cxGameOver, m_cxPaused, m_cxPushTo... using these values will get it compiling with no ill effect during use. I'm watching the 'Wanted DirectX' thread with interest and will try and work out what, if anything needs to be done to bring the plugin inline with the changes you are planning. Have you already released some of the changes to CVS? It would appear as though the game is using less processor time irrespective of whether you have or not.

MrMario64

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 22, 2004
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    WOuld be ace to have this in the next release!

Waltz

Portal Pro
    December 14, 2004
    Kiel, Germany
    @X4: Yes, it's a remote-friendly game. However, you'll get better scores when you use the keyboard.

frodo: I'm using MyTetris with a non-default skin (MCE05) and even this works fine. No stability problems at all. Would be great to see this game in the next release so we don't have to edit the strings.xml by ourselves.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom