One Button Random Music? (2 Viewers)

hwahrmann

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 15, 2004
    Vienna, Austria
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Yes, i will look into it, when i find some time.
    I'm leaving on Monday for a 1 week business trip to the U.S. and need to spend some time with family.
    So expect something in 2 weeks or so.

hwahrmann

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 15, 2004
    Vienna, Austria
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Finally i had some time to look into it.
    I decided it to implememnt it as an "Advanced" option, where you can specify a where clause syntax.
    there is now a new "WHERE" text field on the first tab, which is appended to the database queries.
    you need to use the Database Fields and SQL syntax.

e.g. strPath NOT LIKE '%podcasts%' to excclude the podcasts folder

I may come up with something better, but this is what i could do fastests and gives you 100% flexibility

Attachments

• OneButtonMusic.zip
      267.5 KB

catch22

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 28, 2006
    Sydney, Australia
    Thanks very much I'll try it out tonight. I appreciate your time on it.

-- Sorry for the delay I tried this out and it works. Thanks you very much for your help

Last edited:

findftp

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 20, 2011
    Nootdorp
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Very often, when waking my HTPC out of S3 sleep and start listening music using the one button random music plugin, I get two songs playing mixed together.
    When I stop the music (square button on remote) and start playing again (triangle) I see a lot of titles skipping on my screen but hear no sound.
    If I stop it again, and try to play again most of the times it finally works, but not always.
    Today, I got the same symptoms again but even after the third attempt 2 songs were played together, mixed.

What is going on? I get the feeling it could be related to having my HDD go to spin down after 10 minutes.
    Often, when pressing triangle on my remote, I have to wait a few seconds before the music starts (or the trouble)
    Most of the time when my HDD is still spinning (because of recorded event or livestream) the plugin works straight away.

I've included the last minute of my log, exactly before all the trouble started, again.

Can somebody help me solve this problem?

Thanks.

1gkar

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 1, 2007
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Such a shame this plugin is not actively supported, anymore. I really miss OBM.

Had to uninstall it (with previous versions 1.8.*) as it caused focus issues, especially when playing back .ts recorded TV files. I would constantly have to press the green button to refocus MP.

If someone can confirm it works with the latest beta: 1.9.0, I will have another go.

CypherMK

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 11, 2009
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I still use this plugin on a daily basis without issues. I'm on 1.90 pre.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom