OnlineVideos 0.33 (19.09.2011) (4 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jay_UK

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • October 6, 2009
    Derby
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Re: OnlineVideos 0.19 (29.03.2010)

Offbyone,

This is turning into a great "all encompassing" plugin! :D

For me enabling the auto update once a week (and then disabling it) is not a problem (I simply paste my custom channels back into the xml once done), but the ability to manually perfom this task would be great - I assume under the manual update I would still lose my custom channels/settings?

Is there a way of "marking" any changes from the default settings as "custom", such that the updater does not overwrite those custom settings? (just an idea)

Again, many thanks :D

J.

offbyone

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 26, 2008
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

In manual update you can update and tell it to leave the categories alone.

chemelli

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 28, 2006
    Milano, Italy
    Home Country
    Italy Italy

offbyone,

can you please consider to trap the auth error given by UAC and notify user that the autoupdate of component XXX failed because of UAC ? A restart with "run as admin" is required to fix the issue.
    It's not handy to check logs, see error.log->understand UAC is preventing autoupdate-> restart MP in admin -> check again log s after to see if all is ok this time :confused:

:D in advance.

Simone

offbyone

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 26, 2008
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

I already updated the MPEI (V2) installer, to set full access rights for Local Users on the siteutils dll folder on install. Will release 0.20 on the weekend so this error is hopefully history. (Betatesters for the new installer are welcome to PM me)

Small question: MediaPortal 1.02 did run as Admin anyway or do I remember incorrectly? (Will have to update the old installer too in that case)

chemelli

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 28, 2006
    Milano, Italy
    Home Country
    Italy Italy

I already updated the MPEI (V2) installer, to set full access rights for Local Users on the siteutils dll folder on install. Will release 0.20 on the weekend so this error is hopefully history. (Betatesters for the new installer are welcome to PM me)

Sorry but I think this will not fix the issue as UAC will always ask for auth on c:\program files, regardless of the rights of the folder

Small question: MediaPortal 1.02 did run as Admin anyway or do I remember incorrectly? (Will have to update the old installer too in that case)

Sorry, but you remember wrong: MP cannot and ever will request admin rights to run as will be impossible to answer to the UAC prompt with a remote.

Simone

rsbrux

Documentation Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 15, 2007
    Home Country
    Switzerland Switzerland

Sorry, but you remember wrong: MP cannot and ever will request admin rights to run as will be impossible to answer to the UAC prompt with a remote.
    Simone
    Sorry this is off topic,but I can't resist responding. Since I am running XP, I don't get UAC prompts. Nonetheless I remember trying to set up MP 1.02 to run from an ordinary user account and failing. I don't remember the details, but I ultimately gave up and gave the account running MP admin rights. Is MP1.1 now "clean" in this respect? I am now running MP 1.1 RC1.

chemelli

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 28, 2006
    Milano, Italy
    Home Country
    Italy Italy

Simone
    Sorry this is off topic,but I can't resist responding. Since I am running XP, I don't get UAC prompts. Nonetheless I remember trying to set up MP 1.02 to run from an ordinary user account and failing. I don't remember the details, but I ultimately gave up and gave the account running MP admin rights. Is MP1.1 now "clean" in this respect? I am now running MP 1.1 RC1.

Yup it's now "clean" on this as we run a own written utility, SetRights.exe, on each install/upgrade.

And obviously the main issue, UAC prompt, is only on >=Vista.
    Simone

offbyone

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 26, 2008
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

Ok my UAC did kind of fool me the last time I tested ;) You are correct there is no way to write to the "Program files" dir from within MediaPortal when not run as admin. But at least on my build I get an error that a dll was not successfully downloaded. (although it was, but could not be saved should be the message).

There are a few options how to solve this problem, but I am not sure how most people run MediaPortal on their HTPC, so I'll start a poll on that.

doskabouter

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 27, 2009
    Nuenen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands

Ok my UAC did kind of fool me the last time I tested ;) You are correct there is no way to write to the "Program files" dir from within MediaPortal when not run as admin. But at least on my build I get an error that a dll was not successfully downloaded. (although it was, but could not be saved should be the message).

There are a few options how to solve this problem, but I am not sure how most people run MediaPortal on their HTPC, so I'll start a poll on that.

Well that's new for me.

Here I run at 2 pc's with vista, uac on, not run mp as admin and it works like a charm (after giving the account under which mediaportal runs modify rights at the plugin directory)

parkuhr

Portal Pro
    September 2, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: OnlineVideos 0.19 (29.03.2010)

thx offbyone for this great plugin!

i have a problem with it. hd content on youtube and others isn t played!
    in the codec tab, i see that all codecs are installed. its also invertet so i can t change there anything.
    everytime i choose a mp4 file nothings happens.
    i have also installed the newst version of haali, but still the same problem;(

Greetings
    parkuhr

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom