OnlineVideos 0.33 (19.09.2011) (4 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

parkuhr

Portal Pro
September 2, 2007
Home Country
Germany Germany
AW: OnlineVideos 0.19 (29.03.2010)

hm. seems that is a waste of time to ask here for help;(

greetings
parkuhr

offbyone

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 26, 2008
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Re: OnlineVideos 0.19 (29.03.2010)

:mad: You don't follow a single rule of posting bug reports or getting help and think you are not getting help. Then think again WHY you aren't getting any help.

offbyone

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 26, 2008
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

Well, on top of each Forum is an Announcement: OnlineVideos - MediaPortal Forum
    Does that not apply?

But since more and more people keep posting useless "Video XYZ won't play..." posts without any logs and more info, I will write a guide on the weekend especially for OnlineVideos and how to track and report your playback problems. But be warned, after I put the efforts into that guide, I will delete any more posts that do not follow those guidlines.

parkuhr

Portal Pro
    September 2, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

like a said before, i have searched the first post and found nothing about how to report bugs, problems and something.
    it was absolutly no bad intent! i have a problem with this great prlugin, therefore i asked for help here!
    please say me what exactly you need that you can help me?
    logs? no problem! i can create logs with the mp-log-collector tool.
    do you still need something?
    just tell me.

greetings
    parkuhr

offbyone

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 26, 2008
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

Logs from a failed run. Your OS Specs. MePo Version, Skin your're using. Have you tried downloading the file and playback of the downloaded file? Steps you took, to reproduce the problem. Maybe clip name that fails. Does the File play with Graphedit after downloaded? What Codecs(Packs) are installed? (Not just the Splitter but playback filter e.g. ffdshow).

There are 1000 reasons why MP4 playback may fail, and it's not easy to track. That's why so much info might be needed.

parkuhr

Portal Pro
    September 2, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

no problem

here are some information. the others will follow.

Your OS Specs

windows xp with sp3. all other informations like hardeware or mp version you find in my signature under "my system".

Have you tried downloading the file and playback of the downloaded file?

not the specific youtube hd files, but i can say, that i can play mp4 files unter mediaportal without problems!

Maybe clip name that fails.

have tried it with diffrent hd-files on youtube and others.
    they all failed. i don t think thats a problem with the name.

What Codecs(Packs) are installed? (Not just the Splitter but playback filter e.g. ffdshow).

no codec packs. just the cyblerink powerdvd7-codec (have also follow the hint and disabled it under my video settings, but problem still occurs), for experiemental use, the new divx-codec (problem was also before that), ffdshow and haali. thats all on codecs i have installed.

soon as i find the time i attach somne logs.

Greetings
    parkuhr

offbyone

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 26, 2008
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

Try downloading the MP4 from YouTube and play that local file. If that won't work the codecs you have installed might not be sufficient (or have bad merits) to play those files. Don't forget MP4 is just a container, so not all .mp4 files are the same. They can have very different video and audio tracks embedded.

parkuhr

Portal Pro
    September 2, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

ok, thank you for this explanation but how i can download youtube video hd-files? is that possible?
    if yes, i willingly follow you advice with downloading and try to play these files.

Greetings
    parkuhr

offbyone

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 26, 2008
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

Just like you play it, in OnlineVideos. Open the Context Menu (default F9) on a video.

Before you can download, you have to set a downloadfolder in plugin's config.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom