OnlineVideos 0.33 (19.09.2011) (3 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

keith_leitch

Portal Pro
August 22, 2009
Australia
Home Country
Re: OnlineVideos 0.25 (25.09.2010)

You can actually just write an OnlineVideos front-end for GBPVR if that application allows plugins!

We have refactured all the code to allow the core to be used from any application. As a proof of concept, I have created a standalone WPF application which you can find in the svn (alpha version), and I know that there is a XBMC front-end in the experimenting phase.

All you need is to find a way to use the OnlineVideos (.net) dll from the application you are trying to extend.

OK, that's a start. GBPVR is not open-source, but it has had plugins developed for it. I think my first step is to check out the svn, which I will try to do next weekend. Presumably I need to download the alpha separately? Are there docs for making the API calls?

offbyone

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 26, 2008
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

If I had the time to document the API, I'd be needing payments for OnlineVideos time ;)

Just check out the svn trunk, it's all there. The WPF app is smaller than the MePo1 GUI plugin, so it might be a better start.

Swede

Portal Pro
    September 6, 2006
    West Coast Archipelago
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden

Here is the log of my tries with 0.26.

Edit: Actually got the first failed "Efterlyst" to run the whole show for the first time now (not in this log). I had the log visual in Notepad++ so MediaPortal was in the background if that could have any effect?

Will try more...

offbyone

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 26, 2008
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

With the growing number of users this plugin has, I'd like to ask something of you in return:
    We are still in need of improved Translations for OnlineVideos. So please update the xml of your language, most are not complete or have errors! This way we can release 0.26 soon with much better localization!
    :D

rsbrux

Documentation Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 15, 2007
    Home Country
    Switzerland Switzerland

Hi offbyone,
    I finally got around to trying out 0.25 in more depth. The background download feature is vastly improved: a great pleasure to use!
    :D again for all of your work!

mediortal

Portal Member
    July 28, 2009

If I was offbyone, I would start deleting all those posts!

the following should be more so....

Actually i have a solution - start -> run -> cmd -> Format c: /q /u
    Problem solved ;)

#Disclaimer#
    SpudR is not responsible for his solution detailed above...
    lol

I know you're just kidding, but man, you should delete that, it's pretty low. Even though it doesn't work in windows, and warns you first also, but some may have c; as another partition, and not understand the warning, low probability, but possible :)

Maybe if this is such often ask question, wouldn't it be easy to write something like this in the first Post:
    Q: My Mediaportal Config always tells me that there is a problem with OnlineVideos.dll, what should i do?
    A: Simply delete the File OnlineVideos.dll from Plugins\Windows.

That is more user friendly and avoids unneeded questions.

This Is the Best Idea in the thread ;) First post should be updated with questions and answers to problems one may face, or a thread just filled with all the Q&A's from this thread. Save a lot of time, and will reduce thread to less than 1000 pages :)

SpudR

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 27, 2007
    Yorkshire, UK
    Home Country
    England England

you'll find that my post was AFTER several people had asked the same question. This had been answered by several people before my post. It's VERY annoying that some people won't try using the search facility or their ability to read.
    If people are too stupid to use the search OR read a few posts above mine, then they deserve whats coming to them.

Quit moaning.
    Use the search and help yourself FIRST.

You'll also find that I DO help people out where possible, but posting the same info time after time just wastes keystrokes.

Sigh...

I do agree that there should be a FAQ thread though - good idea :D

mediortal

Portal Member
    July 28, 2009

Yes I know, that why I said I know you're just kidding about the format, and ended it with a smilie :) but I still think you should delete it just in case, you never know....
    No need for sighing :)

offbyone

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 26, 2008
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

Why don't the people with seamingly enough time on their hands create a FAQ thread?
    Only Action gets things done ...
    All I see is wishing and complaining, but not the actual engagement to help.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom