OnlineVideos 0.33 (19.09.2011) (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

SpudR

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 27, 2007
    Yorkshire, UK
    Home Country
    England England
    Re: OnlineVideos 0.25 (25.09.2010)

In the profile options - under 'Edit your details' there's an option at the bottom to show specs - make it yes :)

And there's a newcomers forum for discussions like you mentioned - there's a wealth of info there :D
    go to the Forum index to see https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/

offbyone

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 26, 2008
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

There is a setting "Display System Specs" in the user profile under "Edit your Details" that needs to be set to YES.

EDIT: Too slow ;)

keith_leitch

Portal Pro
    August 22, 2009
    Australia
    Home Country

In the profile options - under 'Edit your details' there's an option at the bottom to show specs - make it yes :)

And there's a newcomers forum for discussions like you mentioned - there's a wealth of info there :D
    go to the Forum index to see https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/

Thanks. Got the profile set now. And yes, that is the forum I was considering. I have set up a thread called "Experimenting with Online Videos plugin". Let's see who is interested.

https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/...enting-online-videos-plugin-88113/#post668304

hroch2

Portal Member
    October 16, 2010
    Home Country
    Slovakia Slovakia

HochR: Would you be interested in joining a separate thread where newbies could share knowledge of RSS feeds, XML strings, etc.? Setting up my own feeds from Australian sites is something that iinterests me, but I envision a lot of discussion that might not suit this thread. Would anyone else join? Would the veterans be willing to stop by once in awhile?

sounds like a good idea to me. i have already asked for help and doskabouter has offered to try and give me an explanation for dummies :D so as soon as i have understood what he's gonna say, i'll share it there :)

keith_leitch

Portal Pro
    August 22, 2009
    Australia
    Home Country

HochR: Would you be interested in joining a separate thread where newbies could share knowledge of RSS feeds, XML strings, etc.? Setting up my own feeds from Australian sites is something that iinterests me, but I envision a lot of discussion that might not suit this thread. Would anyone else join? Would the veterans be willing to stop by once in awhile?

sounds like a good idea to me. i have already asked for help and doskabouter has offered to try and give me an explanation for dummies :D so as soon as i have understood what he's gonna say, i'll share it there :)

Excellent. I will see you there. In the meantime, I am hoping that doskabouter or offbyone can help with getting the plugin to log more information; in particular, I would like my batch process to be able to read the data that I think is currently contained in the ?VideoUrl variable for Watch-Series and Watch-Movies. I have this idea that if I change the XML, this information will make it into the log in the same manner that the subcategories do. Does that make sense, or am I barking up the wrong tree?

Another option would be to run an external app that logs every website visited, without depending on a particular browser. If anyone knows of good freeware, that might help me.

Basically, I am trying to record the movie/series name, as well as season and episode.

offbyone

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 26, 2008
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

Are you trying to analyze the logfile to get information for another application? I would not recommend that. If you want to write some downloader based on OnlineVideos, just use the provided API, meaning reference the OnlineVideos.dll and get the sitelist and category list, just like the MediaPortal GUI plugin is doing. It will be much simpler and working a lot better than the road you are on.

On another note, downloading is already integrated in the plugin ... just not as batch, but who would need that? I'm not willing to actively support those activities - batch downloading sites is going a wrong direction ... We are trying to create a VideoOnDemand service.

keith_leitch

Portal Pro
    August 22, 2009
    Australia
    Home Country

Are you trying to analyze the logfile to get information for another application? I would not recommend that. If you want to write some downloader based on OnlineVideos, just use the provided API, meaning reference the OnlineVideos.dll and get the sitelist and category list, just like the MediaPortal GUI plugin is doing. It will be much simpler and working a lot better than the road you are on.

On another note, downloading is already integrated in the plugin ... just not as batch, but who would need that? I'm not willing to actively support those activities - batch downloading sites is going a wrong direction ... We are trying to create a VideoOnDemand service.

This makes sense. I will have to work on learning how to use the API. Presumably, I need to use a 3GL like C++; or, will a VBScript do the trick?

An assurance: I am not batch-downloading, only grabbing one file at a time as intended. I find this convenient as I can do it in one step via remote. The reason I am trying to retrieve the metadata is because GBPVR is the HTPC software that I primarily use, not Mediaportal. This plugin is too valuable to overlook, so I run Mediaportal to use it, but then import downloaded videos into my GBPVR database. I am trying to provide more information, like title and episode, to use in that database.

Swede

Portal Pro
    September 6, 2006
    West Coast Archipelago
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden

Any clue to why anything on Viasat only plays for 5 to 10 minutes?

2010-10-13 09:58:21.973632 [Debug][RTMPProxy(17)]: failed to read RTMP packet body. len: 65835

I am currently working on an automatic reconnect for rtmp (got it already working, but need to make sure it's not freezing MediaPortal in bad cases). That should fix these problems on Viasat and possibly other sites. I have to do more tests though. If you are in testing mood as well, I can send you a beta version.

Absolutely!!!

offbyone

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 26, 2008
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

You can actually just write an OnlineVideos front-end for GBPVR if that application allows plugins!

We have refactured all the code to allow the core to be used from any application. As a proof of concept, I have created a standalone WPF application which you can find in the svn (alpha version), and I know that there is a XBMC front-end in the experimenting phase.

All you need is to find a way to use the OnlineVideos (.net) dll from the application you are trying to extend.

This makes sense. I will have to work on learning how to use the API. Presumably, I need to use a 3GL like C++; or, will a VBScript do the trick?

An assurance: I am not batch-downloading, only grabbing one file at a time as intended. I find this convenient as I can do it in one step via remote. The reason I am trying to retrieve the metadata is because GBPVR is the HTPC software that I primarily use, not Mediaportal. This plugin is too valuable to overlook, so I run Mediaportal to use it, but then import downloaded videos into my GBPVR database. I am trying to provide more information, like title and episode, to use in that database.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom