OnlineVideos 1.9.0.0 [2014/09/7] (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Quarter

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 21, 2010
    Queenstown
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Are there any more users than me that experience a long waiting time before videos even start to buffer. I have this on several sites and it takes around 30-60 secs before the buffer even shows the start of 0%. I haven't changed anything special except the OS to to win8.1 a couple of mouths ago and I think that it was around that time the problem occurred.

OV have become really annoying to use cos´of this and sometimes I have to wait 1-2 mins just to receive the no url thingy..

I know logs are more than welcome and can try gather a few later tonight but just wanted to hear if anyone else than me have the same problem

I've had to put timers on my hosters so the URL is actually valid, so unless sites stop wanting to get paid for their content there's no changing the delay in the buffer.

doskabouter

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 27, 2009
    Nuenen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Ofcourse, this depends on the site itself.
    For "respectable" sites, 1-2 minutes is too long in my opinion. For other sites (with all new series/movies/etc) the delay built in in the website itself (as quarter pointed out), so nothing we can do about it

offbyone

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 26, 2008
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    OnlineVideos 1.8.0 is now available. (Changelog in 1st post.)

It is not compatible with MP 1.7 Pre - I will release a version 1.8.1 when no problems with 1.8 are found. Reason is that I don't want to maintain 2 different branches, as the changes in MediaPortal require changes to Onlinevideos that will make the plugin no longer backward compatible.

hrbeeny

Portal Member
    April 14, 2013
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    Are there any more users than me that experience a long waiting time before videos even start to buffer. I have this on several sites and it takes around 30-60 secs before the buffer even shows the start of 0%. I haven't changed anything special except the OS to to win8.1 a couple of mouths ago and I think that it was around that time the problem occurred.

OV have become really annoying to use cos´of this and sometimes I have to wait 1-2 mins just to receive the no url thingy..

I know logs are more than welcome and can try gather a few later tonight but just wanted to hear if anyone else than me have the same problem
    Same here. Videos takes very long time to start - many sites not working - Also youtube video, takes to long time to start. OV needs a HUGE makeover!! :-(

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom