OnlineVideos 2.0 Beta Test

Discussion in 'OnlineVideos' started by offbyone, February 28, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. offbyone
    • Team MediaPortal

offbyone Development Group

Ratings:
    +3,303 / 3
    Home Country:
    Germany Germany
    Show System Specs
    What is it?
    After a few months without a new release, we are finally ready with the next version of OnlineVideos! The version jumped to 2.0, because there were many breaking changes and cleanups in the API. Due to these many changes, we felt a public beta test would be a good idea to see if we broke anything.

How to install?
    Please uninstall you current Onlinevideos version first and then install the downloaded file. Make sure the source filter is selected during install - a new one is required.

What to test?
    You will not see sites working now that previously did not work. A new OnlineVideos release does not mean fixed sites. It is rather there to introduce new core features, fix bugs and improve existing functionality.
    So please do not report sites not working, if they did not work with the previous release!
    Rather test the basic functionality of the plugin, like browsing through the sites that work, adding favorite videos and categories, searching, downloading and playback of videos. Check that your plugin and site settings are honored.
    Updating sites does not work with this beta release - all site implementations are incompatible.

How to report a problem?
    As usual attach log files from the failed run with verbosity set to debug and provide the steps to reproduce in your post. Don't forget to give info about the installed MP version!

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 12
    • Thank You! Thank You! x 10
  2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. catavolt
    • Team MediaPortal
    • Administrator

catavolt Design Group Manager

Technical Documentation, Translation
    Ratings:
    +7,341 / 38
    Home Country:
    Germany Germany
    Show System Specs
    Testing :D

4. Quarter
    • Super User

Quarter Super User

Ratings:
    +139 / 2
    Home Country:
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Show System Specs
    @offbyone Question? Will I have to update my sites to work with OV 2 or are you rebuilding all the sites that are current?

5. Arni_69

Arni_69 Portal Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0
    Home Country:
    Germany Germany
    Does´nt efresh the sites. Say to use a newer Version.
    Netflix: Start and find my profil with films. Will start a film but crashed. Is there a feature to change the monitor?
    ARD and ZDF are working fine.

MP 1.11

6. offbyone
    • Team MediaPortal

Ratings:
    +3,303 / 3
    Home Country:
    Germany Germany
    Show System Specs
    No I already adopted all siteutil code that are in SVN while refactoring ;) And the new dll is deployed woth installer.

As I said in first post - this is expected, since it's beta and won't work with the current dlls on the server.

Nothing like that is implemented.

Did it work with the OV 1.9?

• Like Like x 1
  7. Arni_69

Arni_69 Portal Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0
    Home Country:
    Germany Germany
    Netflix work with OV 1.9

8. TheBatfink
    • Premium Supporter

TheBatfink MP Donator

Business System Analyst
    Ratings:
    +221 / 0
    Home Country:
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Show System Specs
    Hi @offbyone I know you said sites not working before won't work now, but Youtube is still not working for me even with this latest version and I get the distinct feeling it should be. Is there anything I can do to try resolve the issue or aid someone in looking into a solution? It just continues to give the errors whenever I try and enter the menus of Youtube site whilst in MePo. Using 1.10 final and your latest 2.0 OV.

End of logs is the failure. I've reinstalled OV several times now over the last couple of months and checked all the account settings, I'd really appreciate it if someone has some ideas for me to try.

Thanks

9. offbyone
    • Team MediaPortal

Ratings:
    +3,303 / 3
    Home Country:
    Germany Germany
    Show System Specs
    Hi, not sure what causes the Exception :( Can you please copy the two files I attached from the zip into your installed MEdiaPortal folder:
    ...MediaPortal\plugins\Windows\OnlineVideos\
    it should overwrite one dll and add the pdb.
    After that run again and reproduce the error and attach the Onlinevideos.log file.
    It should tell me what line in the source exactly the error happens. Then I'll try to figure out what actually happens :)

Attached Files:

• obo.zip
      File size:
      661.8 KB
      Uploaded:
      March 1, 2015
      Views:
  10. Ministerk
    • Super User

Ministerk Super User

Systems developer
    Ratings:
    +831 / 3
    Home Country:
    Sweden Sweden
    Show System Specs
    I works for me using the beta version. Can you try to open IE and remove cache and cookies and see if that helps?
    Still not working ? Then disable the spinner in the Netflix OnlineVideo settings, and report what you see. Also in (on Win 7 x64) C:\Program Files (x86)\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\plugins\Windows\OnlineVideos\OnlineVideos.WebAutomation.BrowserHost.exe.config change the value of key WriteDebugLog to true and attach the OnlineVideos.WebAutomation.BrowserHost-DEBUG.log.

EDIT: there is a feature to change the monitor of the browser player I think. Can not remember how to do it though, maybe @Jason Pyke can come to the rescue.

11. TheBatfink
    • Premium Supporter

TheBatfink MP Donator

Business System Analyst
    Ratings:
    +221 / 0
    Home Country:
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Show System Specs
    Thanks. Copied the files and used Youtube again. Logs attached. Basically every single menu item in youtube site gives an error, I tried 3 here. Thanks for checking this out!

First error is my subscriptions, the second and third are standard youtube fare, top rated, top rated this weeks etc.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice
  • About The Project

The vision of the MediaPortal project is to create a free open source media centre application, which supports all advanced media centre functions, and is accessible to all Windows users.

In reaching this goal we are working every day to make sure our software is one of the best.

• Support MediaPortal!

The team works very hard to make sure the community is running the best HTPC-software. We give away MediaPortal for free but hosting and software is not for us.

Care to support our work with a few bucks? We'd really appreciate it!