offbyone

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 26, 2008
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    What is it?
    After a few months without a new release, we are finally ready with the next version of OnlineVideos! The version jumped to 2.0, because there were many breaking changes and cleanups in the API. Due to these many changes, we felt a public beta test would be a good idea to see if we broke anything.

How to install?
    Please uninstall you current Onlinevideos version first and then install the downloaded file. Make sure the source filter is selected during install - a new one is required.

What to test?
    You will not see sites working now that previously did not work. A new OnlineVideos release does not mean fixed sites. It is rather there to introduce new core features, fix bugs and improve existing functionality.
    So please do not report sites not working, if they did not work with the previous release!
    Rather test the basic functionality of the plugin, like browsing through the sites that work, adding favorite videos and categories, searching, downloading and playback of videos. Check that your plugin and site settings are honored.
    Updating sites does not work with this beta release - all site implementations are incompatible.

How to report a problem?
    As usual attach log files from the failed run with verbosity set to debug and provide the steps to reproduce in your post. Don't forget to give info about the installed MP version!

Attachments

• OnlineVideos2.0.0.0.mpe1
      11.8 MB

Quarter

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 21, 2010
    Queenstown
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    @offbyone Question? Will I have to update my sites to work with OV 2 or are you rebuilding all the sites that are current?

Arni_69

Portal Member
    November 18, 2014
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Does´nt efresh the sites. Say to use a newer Version.
    Netflix: Start and find my profil with films. Will start a film but crashed. Is there a feature to change the monitor?
    ARD and ZDF are working fine.

MP 1.11

offbyone

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 26, 2008
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    @offbyone Question? Will I have to update my sites to work with OV 2 or are you rebuilding all the sites that are current?
    No I already adopted all siteutil code that are in SVN while refactoring ;) And the new dll is deployed woth installer.

Does´nt efresh the sites. Say to use a newer Version.
    As I said in first post - this is expected, since it's beta and won't work with the current dlls on the server.

Is there a feature to change the monitor?
    Nothing like that is implemented.

Will start a film but crashed
    Did it work with the OV 1.9?

TheBatfink

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 11, 2007
    Nottingham
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Hi @offbyone I know you said sites not working before won't work now, but Youtube is still not working for me even with this latest version and I get the distinct feeling it should be. Is there anything I can do to try resolve the issue or aid someone in looking into a solution? It just continues to give the errors whenever I try and enter the menus of Youtube site whilst in MePo. Using 1.10 final and your latest 2.0 OV.

End of logs is the failure. I've reinstalled OV several times now over the last couple of months and checked all the account settings, I'd really appreciate it if someone has some ideas for me to try.

Thanks

offbyone

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 26, 2008
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi, not sure what causes the Exception :( Can you please copy the two files I attached from the zip into your installed MEdiaPortal folder:
    ...MediaPortal\plugins\Windows\OnlineVideos\
    it should overwrite one dll and add the pdb.
    After that run again and reproduce the error and attach the Onlinevideos.log file.
    It should tell me what line in the source exactly the error happens. Then I'll try to figure out what actually happens :)

Attachments

• obo.zip
      661.8 KB

Ministerk

Super User
  • Team MediaPortal
  • Super User
  • November 28, 2007
    Uppsala
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Start and find my profil with films. Will start a film but crashed. Is there a feature to change the monitor?
    I works for me using the beta version. Can you try to open IE and remove cache and cookies and see if that helps?
    Still not working ? Then disable the spinner in the Netflix OnlineVideo settings, and report what you see. Also in (on Win 7 x64) C:\Program Files (x86)\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\plugins\Windows\OnlineVideos\OnlineVideos.WebAutomation.BrowserHost.exe.config change the value of key WriteDebugLog to true and attach the OnlineVideos.WebAutomation.BrowserHost-DEBUG.log.

EDIT: there is a feature to change the monitor of the browser player I think. Can not remember how to do it though, maybe @Jason Pyke can come to the rescue.

TheBatfink

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 11, 2007
    Nottingham
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Hi, not sure what causes the Exception :( Can you please copy the two files I attached from the zip into your installed MEdiaPortal folder:
    ...MediaPortal\plugins\Windows\OnlineVideos\
    it should overwrite one dll and add the pdb.
    After that run again and reproduce the error and attach the Onlinevideos.log file.
    It should tell me what line in the source exactly the error happens. Then I'll try to figure out what actually happens :)

Thanks. Copied the files and used Youtube again. Logs attached. Basically every single menu item in youtube site gives an error, I tried 3 here. Thanks for checking this out!

First error is my subscriptions, the second and third are standard youtube fare, top rated, top rated this weeks etc.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom