OnlineVideos 2.0 for MP2 Discussion (1 Viewer)

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    @offbyone just a question: will the new version also be base of the MP2 plugin? If there is work planned on the MP2 skins, I'd have some ideas how to improve the compatibility with other (new) skins.

We can move out the question into another thread if you like.

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    @offbyone I've started some basic work to make plugins better compatible with 720/1080 resolution: https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/threads/making-inbuilt-plugins-skin-resolution-aware.130193/ and related branch: https://github.com/MediaPortal/MediaPortal-2/commits/FEAT_SkinResolution.

The main idea is to define common sizes for both resolutions to save all other Skins from defining overrides (especially new ApolloOne and BlueVision).

I'd also like to rework OV2's xaml definitions to integrate better into existing skins. Could you help in this process?

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    @offbyone I'd like to make some changes to the skins/themes and would like to commit them somewhere or supply a list of patches. What you would prefer?

First thing I'd like to add is a ".editorConfig" which configures VisualStudio to use correct indentation (and space vs. tabs). Which settings do you use for OV2? There is quite a mix of space/tab sizes.

Then I would like to make the "default" skin aware of the new {ResolutionResource ...} extension. This could remove some needs to provide skin files for 1080er skins.

offbyone

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 26, 2008
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi, totally forgot this ;)

If you want to commit your changes to OV SVN I can give you access to the google code. But I'm guessing you would rather not fiddle with svn again. How about making those changes in MP2 git? Or is it a bad idea to add the OV skin files directly there?

I don't care about spaces vs. tabs :) Just using default setting of VS.

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    If you want to commit your changes to OV SVN I can give you access to the google code.
    I'm fine with svn, still using it at work. So direct commit is easier. Can you add me to your repo?

How about making those changes in MP2 git? Or is it a bad idea to add the OV skin files directly there?
    This doesn't work: styles and screen (can) have references to models, converters etc. so IMO it's best to keep everything together.

osre

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 14, 2014
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    If you want to commit your changes to OV SVN I can give you access to the google code
    Isn't Google Code closing it's doors!? I think they switch to read only soon.

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    First changes to default skin (Sites):
    • Using DefaultButtonStyle
    • Big label (no logo) centered
    • Small label using semi transparent background for improving readability for bright logos (see focused item)
    • Sizes and margins (logo, flag...) defined as new {ResolutionResource ...}
    As result the screens look already better in BlueVisions without creating explicit support for it.
    01_sites_default.png

01_sites_bluevision.png

(Screenshot of BlueVision shows some more TODOs, like defining larger fonts and fixing focus behavior of buttons @ge2301)

@offbyone are the changes ok to be commited?

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    @offbyone I think you probably know it, but better to write it down somewhere:
    the current OV-MP2 solution will not compile completely due to (missing) MP1 references. The "BrowserHost" project references in MediaPortal1RemoteHandling.cs:
    Code:
    using MediaPortal.GUI.Library;
    using MediaPortal.InputDevices;
    using Action = MediaPortal.GUI.Library.Action;
    For now I excluded the project from build and copy to target folder, because I have no MP1 anymore here.

What is your plan regarding this project? Should there be "providers" valid for either MP1/MP2?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom