[OnlineVideos] MediaPortal has stopped working | Page 3

Discussion in 'OnlineVideos' started by snatz, October 12, 2011.

1. vpupkin

vpupkin Portal Pro

Ratings:
    +5 / 0
    Yeah, that's what I tried and hit the URL len limit; are there any replacements? GraphEdit doesn't work with LAV, afaik.

But the thing that is really interesting is that downloaded videos work just fine! As I described before, if I hit F9 and download the same Jon Stewart video that crashes, it gets downloaded, and then it plays perfectly from the Downloaded section in OnlineVideos! That's why I suspected the source filter, as clearly the rest of the filter chain can play the videos (and it used to work in previous versions as well).I suspect there is something in setting up connection between MPUrlSource, LAVSplitter and ffdshow. But FileSource plus the same splitter and the same ffdshow certainly work on my machine.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. offbyone
    • Team MediaPortal

offbyone Development Group

Ratings:
    +3,303 / 3
    Home Country:
    Germany Germany
    Show System Specs
    Downloaded videos are played with the default player that plays files in MediaPortal and does use the Codec settings from Config. That is because it has the full file available it can check its content before playback.

4. vpupkin

vpupkin Portal Pro

Ratings:
    +5 / 0
  5. corporate_gadfly

corporate_gadfly Portal Pro

Ratings:
    +72 / 0
    Home Country:
    Canada Canada
    Hi,

The common element between both of these sites is that they use the same baseutil and that both the sites are owned by the same TV network (CTV). It took some trial and error to figure out the RTMP options. The mpurlsource usage is the most current one as recommended by offbyone. Let me know if there are things that I should try to reproduce the error on my dev box (I don't want to mess my htpc as it is constantly in use). My dev box is a VMware install inside Mac os x, so it is pretty bare bones as well.

Cheers!

6. vpupkin

vpupkin Portal Pro

Ratings:
    +5 / 0
    Reproducing it is quite simple - if you have SAF6 installed, and ffdshow is used as a preferred video decoder (should be the case with SAF). Just go to ffdshow video decoder configuration->Profile/preset settings, and enable "Try to load preset from file first". No other changes are necessary, and you can easily revert it back. MediaPortal now should crash when playing CTV videos online, but will work with downloaded files.

Now, as I mentioned, this is not a problem with siteutil per se - it is ffdshow that tries to access filename from the upstream filters, and fails as there is no filename, but URL. I am just curios why it works with other sites in OV - perhaps some more information is passed, or maybe it is simply different URL format?

Thanks for adding support for Canadian sites, by the way! :D

7. ofird

ofird Portal Pro

Ratings:
    +4 / 2
    i get the ame problem on hd videos with the Try to load preset from file first disabled.
    using SAF 6.1.1

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice
  • About The Project

The vision of the MediaPortal project is to create a free open source media centre application, which supports all advanced media centre functions, and is accessible to all Windows users.

In reaching this goal we are working every day to make sure our software is one of the best.

• Support MediaPortal!

The team works very hard to make sure the community is running the best HTPC-software. We give away MediaPortal for free but hosting and software is not for us.

Care to support our work with a few bucks? We'd really appreciate it!