[OnlineVideos] MediaPortal has stopped working (1 Viewer)

vpupkin

Portal Pro
March 26, 2011
I've tried this with rtmpe:// URL I did find in the log, but the source filter was unable to load this up in GraphStudio for whatever reason... Is it expected to work, just adding filter by filter manually?

Only MPUrlSource can handle the rtmp protocol. Adding it manually might work, but GraphStudio has a bug that it only takes limited amount of letters in the input box where can can specify the url, so you are out of luck. But you can download the video and then render the file - should have the same effect for chosen codecs.

Yeah, that's what I tried and hit the URL len limit; are there any replacements? GraphEdit doesn't work with LAV, afaik.

But the thing that is really interesting is that downloaded videos work just fine! As I described before, if I hit F9 and download the same Jon Stewart video that crashes, it gets downloaded, and then it plays perfectly from the Downloaded section in OnlineVideos! That's why I suspected the source filter, as clearly the rest of the filter chain can play the videos (and it used to work in previous versions as well).I suspect there is something in setting up connection between MPUrlSource, LAVSplitter and ffdshow. But FileSource plus the same splitter and the same ffdshow certainly work on my machine.

offbyone

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 26, 2008
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Downloaded videos are played with the default player that plays files in MediaPortal and does use the Codec settings from Config. That is because it has the full file available it can check its content before playback.

vpupkin

Portal Pro
    March 26, 2011

corporate_gadfly

Portal Pro
    May 17, 2011
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    After two evenings of digging, I finally figured it out. The problem can be traced to enabled "Try to load preset from file first" flag in ffdshow. While there is indeed an issue with ffdshow and URLs (see SourceForge.net: ffdshow: Detail: 3013439 - Crash on URLs and "Try to load preset from file first"), I think there is perhaps something specific to corporate_gadfly's SiteUtil or these sites specifically, as URLs from other sites in OV do not trigger the same error.

Hi,

The common element between both of these sites is that they use the same baseutil and that both the sites are owned by the same TV network (CTV). It took some trial and error to figure out the RTMP options. The mpurlsource usage is the most current one as recommended by offbyone. Let me know if there are things that I should try to reproduce the error on my dev box (I don't want to mess my htpc as it is constantly in use). My dev box is a VMware install inside Mac os x, so it is pretty bare bones as well.

Cheers!

vpupkin

Portal Pro
    March 26, 2011
    The common element between both of these sites is that they use the same baseutil and that both the sites are owned by the same TV network (CTV). It took some trial and error to figure out the RTMP options. The mpurlsource usage is the most current one as recommended by offbyone. Let me know if there are things that I should try to reproduce the error on my dev box (I don't want to mess my htpc as it is constantly in use). My dev box is a VMware install inside Mac os x, so it is pretty bare bones as well.

Reproducing it is quite simple - if you have SAF6 installed, and ffdshow is used as a preferred video decoder (should be the case with SAF). Just go to ffdshow video decoder configuration->Profile/preset settings, and enable "Try to load preset from file first". No other changes are necessary, and you can easily revert it back. MediaPortal now should crash when playing CTV videos online, but will work with downloaded files.

Now, as I mentioned, this is not a problem with siteutil per se - it is ffdshow that tries to access filename from the upstream filters, and fails as there is no filename, but URL. I am just curios why it works with other sites in OV - perhaps some more information is passed, or maybe it is simply different URL format?

Thanks for adding support for Canadian sites, by the way! :D

ofird

Portal Pro
    January 8, 2011
    i get the ame problem on hd videos with the Try to load preset from file first disabled.
    using SAF 6.1.1

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom