[OnlineVideos] MediaPortal has stopped working (1 Viewer)

snatz

Portal Member
December 26, 2009
Since MP1.2 it happens often that Online Videos (youtube) crashes with "Mediaportal has stopped working"

Sometimes suddenly while watching a video, sometimes it happens when I start to watch a trailer which is selected HD. Sometimes it just hang.

Is there a clue for this? In what log-file do I have to look etc?
Thanks in advance.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hi snatz

Please post problems about OnlineVideos in the appropriate forum area - I have moved the thread.

In what log-file do I have to look etc?
    Always post *all* logs - use the watchdog to make it easy:

1. Find the "debug mode" link in the "Team MediaPortal" folder in your start menu.
    2. Start it.
    3. Since this might be a problem with a plugin, use option 2 "report a bug to a plugin developer".
    4. Click "proceed".
    5. Reproduce the problem.
    6. Close MP - this will trigger the watchdog to create a zip file containing your logs on the desktop.
    7. Post the zip file.

Please provide logs for all problem reports - it makes our "job" ***much*** easier, and it shouldn't take long for you to do.

mm

lsf3og

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 15, 2010
    Berlin
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Since i have got the same problem (MP crashes on playing HD online videos) i attached my logfiles.

offbyone

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 26, 2008
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hm, in both cases the last line in the log is : [Info.][OnlineVideosInfosSetter(39)]: [OnlineVideos]Setting Video Properties.
    I guess it crashed while doing that. But I have no idea why it would crash with that method, I can't reproduce it in any way. Does this happen always on all videos? If not, does it happen always on the same videos? Can you try to disable all other 3rd Party plugins?

lsf3og

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 15, 2010
    Berlin
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I think the behaviour is very strange, too. It happens with every thing HD, doesn't mater which source, as far as i have tested.
    When everything is working (sd-videos) the next line in the log is something with "video stopped".
    I tried disabling the "View Switcher" plugin, that didn't help.
    Started with everything off, no change.

offbyone

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 26, 2008
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I see some error about WifiRemote in the log - can you delete/remove that as well? If the problem only happens with HD, it might not even have anything to do with that last line in the log ;) Does the video actually even start when the crash happens?

lsf3og

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 15, 2010
    Berlin
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    No it doesn't start. I'll check wifi remote when i'm at home.

lsf3og

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 15, 2010
    Berlin
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I found the problem. I was using gabest splitter, which worked fine in the past. After switching to haali everything seems to be working.
    Thanks offbyone for your help and for your great plugin. Let me know when you're in berlin and i'll get you a Zäpfle or whatever you like to drink.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom