[OnlineVideos] MediaPortal has stopped working (1 Viewer)

lsf3og

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 15, 2010
    Berlin
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: [OnlineVideos] MediaPortal has stopped working

Actually it doesn't have anything to do with the splitter. It seems to have something to do with ffdshow. When chossing the dxva version, hd videos play, When choosing the normal ffdshow, mp crashes.
    The logs don't show anything interesting on the error, but as far as i remember the problem occured for the first time after updating to the most recent mp-version.
    I know this doesn't really have to do with the Online Videos plugin, but it doesn't fit in any other category, because the crash only occurs when starting an HD-stream.

Edit: Just found out something really strange (at least to me). When starting an HD-stream -> crash. When downloading the file and playing it -> no problem.

vpupkin

Portal Pro
    March 26, 2011
    Re: AW: [OnlineVideos] MediaPortal has stopped working

Has this been resolved? I've got very similar issue - after updating OnlineVideos to 1.0.0.0 (no codec changes), some of the sites crash MP in ffdshow. For instance, full episodes of Jon Stewart show on The Comedy Network crash it as soon as playback is supposed to start; the same episodes used to work just fine before the update. YouTube works fine (all formats). Interestingly, if I download the same episodes of Jon Stewart and play them back this way there are no problems with playback.

I am wondering if there can be an issue with the new HTTP source filter?

offbyone

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 26, 2008
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I'm guessing you have some other filter installed than LAV that is trying to connect in the graph first and somehow crahes. OnlineVideos does not use the default MP way of building the graph (it's not really possible as we often do not know the video type)-but rather Automatic graph building by merits.

vpupkin

Portal Pro
    March 26, 2011
    Is there any way to debug OV's graph construction? I did some more digging, and the crash is definitely related to connection to ffdshow (if I disable ffdshow in its properties, OV works). More interesting is the fact that only small proportion of sites in OV crash - most do work (I tried couple of dozens), but 2 that I did find are The Comedy Network (Jon Stewart) and CTV Local News (Toronto).

If it's automatic, is there any way to replicate graph construction outside of MP (i.e. in GraphEdit/GraphStudio)?

offbyone

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 26, 2008
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    GraphStudio's "Render Url" or "Render File" should also use the system default ways (merits) to build the graph.

vpupkin

Portal Pro
    March 26, 2011
    I've tried this with rtmpe:// URL I did find in the log, but the source filter was unable to load this up in GraphStudio for whatever reason... Is it expected to work, just adding filter by filter manually?

corporate_gadfly

Portal Pro
    May 17, 2011
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Is there any way to debug OV's graph construction? I did some more digging, and the crash is definitely related to connection to ffdshow (if I disable ffdshow in its properties, OV works). More interesting is the fact that only small proportion of sites in OV crash - most do work (I tried couple of dozens), but 2 that I did find are The Comedy Network (Jon Stewart) and CTV Local News (Toronto).

I tried The Comedy Network (Jon Stewart) last night and it never crashed. I'm not up and up on the codec technicalities, however. I have StreamedMP skin and SAF 6.0.5 installed (with the recommended settings).

Disclaimer: I contributed the C# SiteUtil for the 2 sites that you mention that crashed (The Comedy Network and CTV Local News).

offbyone

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 26, 2008
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I've tried this with rtmpe:// URL I did find in the log, but the source filter was unable to load this up in GraphStudio for whatever reason... Is it expected to work, just adding filter by filter manually?

Only MPUrlSource can handle the rtmp protocol. Adding it manually might work, but GraphStudio has a bug that it only takes limited amount of letters in the input box where can can specify the url, so you are out of luck. But you can download the video and then render the file - should have the same effect for chosen codecs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom