OnlineVideos Plugin (now with Apple trailers) (v0.32 01-28-2008) (3 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

gregmac45

Portal Pro
March 17, 2006
AZ, USA
Hi Again,
I am still trying to understand this plugin, since it can play so much online content (and there is a lot out there).

I do not understand why the following does not return anything:
<rss name="Silverscreen"><![CDATA[http://quicksilverscreen.com/rss/channel?c=44]]></rss>

I have it in 50 Generic.

Thanks,
Rick

More info (trying to understand:)
If I add the above link to: <name>Live Video</name> <id>21</id>
I get a list of the videos, but no thumbs and if I click any of them the screen goes black, but no playback.
If I add the link to: <name>VidiLife</name> <id>14</id>
I get a list, no thumbs, and it will not go anywhere when clicked.
So I would like to know where it should be and how do I tell where a site is best placed.

Thanks again,
Rick

Each id is designed for a different site. Each site is designed differently and each site uses a different way of hiding the video url.
quicksilverscreen does not provide video download links in their feed. They provide a link to a page on there site that plays the video. A new parser would have to be written for that site.
The generic parser was designed for feeds that provide direct video download links such as video podcasts.

Colin_

Portal Member
October 13, 2007
Home Country
Germany Germany
I don't get any videos to play when trying a svn-version. I tried Revision:17723

Although I'm getting thumbs now (finally) I can't play any video. It won't work with flv nor with mplayer.

I rolled back to 0.23 stable and the videos are working again, but thumbnails are gone.

Is there a solution?

dmabee

November 6, 2007
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
me too. doesn't work at all lately

tried 17762 and 17778 and suddenly get the message below in the error log. noticed it in other older threads related to this plugin. what does it mean?

2008-03-07 08:22:18.406250 [ERROR][MPMain]: No translation found for id 104755

tamlyn

February 5, 2008
Any chance of getting this working with the new flash based bbc iplayer?

I haven't looked at the BBC IPlayer so I couldn't say. Some sites make it very hard. I'll take a look and see. Do they have rss feeds?

I couldn't find an rss feed and I don't have permission to play videos because I'm not in the UK.

iPlayer doesn't provide an RSS feed but i reckon it wouldn't be too hard to make a scraper. The scraper only needs to work out the show id (e.g. b0094ytm) which can then be used to load the show metadata XML file (e.g. The Last Enemy ). I'm not sure how the flash embed works but the recent iPhone version has exposed a hole whereby a non-DRMed MP4 stream is available to download: BBC iPlayer on GNU/Linux without Flash using only free software - Exploring Freedom with Matt Lee

If there's anything I can do to make an iPlayer plugin a reality, let me know!

Epstone

Portal Pro
March 10, 2007
Riedstadt
Home Country
Germany Germany
Hello, is there a help file which contains the players/codecs I shoudve installed before trying the plugin? My problem @ youtube is that I can just hear sound but, no video.
I installed flash player AFTER installing the plugin. wrong?!
Sorry but I dont wanna read the 67 pages... Just write the requirements on the first page, and @ which SVNs it should work.

Thanks a lot cause ur plugin is more necessary than MyTV ;)

dmabee

November 6, 2007
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
as of svn 17890, life is awesome again. everything is working, so presumably it was a mediaportal issue more than an online videos or configuration issue.

Breme

Portal Member
March 10, 2008
Home Country
Italy Italy
hello!
i have a problem with a apple trailer.
I have installed:
-My Mplayer .663.mpi
-OnlineVideos 0.32.mpi
-flash player
-flv player (enable)
-quick time
In Mediaportal configuration--->Plugins--->External player---->MPlayer configuration--->Tab Extension i have set file .mov with External Player use.

Youtube is ok but Apple video don't start,because?

gregmac45

Portal Pro
March 17, 2006
AZ, USA
hello!
i have a problem with a apple trailer.
I have installed:
-My Mplayer .663.mpi
-OnlineVideos 0.32.mpi
-flash player
-flv player (enable)
-quick time
In Mediaportal configuration--->Plugins--->External player---->MPlayer configuration--->Tab Extension i have set file .mov with External Player use.

Youtube is ok but Apple video don't start,because?

Did you install the mplayer? It can be found at MPlayer - The Movie Player

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom