Only a few channels are stuttering over a 100Mbps LAN (1 Viewer)

toz

Portal Member
February 18, 2008
Home Country
France France
GoldenEye that could be network related. If you're streaming video over your local network is it working well ?

GoldenEye

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 26, 2005
    Switzerland
    Home Country
    Switzerland Switzerland
    Yes, it's working well. Watching movies and TV series stored on the NAS server through MP works without problems. However, TV shows recorded to the NAS server amd copied to a local drive are stuttering as well...

G.

toz

Portal Member
    February 18, 2008
    Home Country
    France France
    There might be errors in the way the data packet are built that would cause missing data over a network but would work with the localhost (because data transfert is software only when local). What are the dev thinking about that ? :oops:

toz

Portal Member
    February 18, 2008
    Home Country
    France France
    Not fixed

The problem is the same with 1.0 RC1 version :mad:

This bug is really annoying ! :mad:

ukra

Portal Member
    November 4, 2005
    The same for me too. RC 1 did not solve the problem :-( Live tv works great on the server-pc but on my 3 clients I get stutter and jitter on the same 5-6 channels :-(

mts

Portal Pro
    September 2, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I do also have this stuttering-issue.

It happens on channels with higher datarate or when I watch on 3 clients at the same time.
    This is realy anoying!

When will there be a solution? One of the protal-devs told me, it's because they are still using winsock1.
    I actually don't have the time to write my own version at the moment.

VdR

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 17, 2006
    Belgium
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Since this is limited to certain channels, are you guys sure it doesn't have to do with the reception quality? Are you receiving the good and the troubled channels from the same transponder?

I have this issue everytime I rescan my channels, for a certain group of channels (rtbf) MP defaults to a transponder that gives me stutter, where the same channels are available on another transponder without problems.

Just a thought ...

VdR

titof

Portal Pro
    March 3, 2008
    Home Country
    France France
    Since this is limited to certain channels, are you guys sure it doesn't have to do with the reception quality? Are you receiving the good and the troubled channels from the same transponder?

I have this issue everytime I rescan my channels, for a certain group of channels (rtbf) MP defaults to a transponder that gives me stutter, where the same channels are available on another transponder without problems.

Just a thought ...

VdR

For me, all channels of transponder GR1 give me the same result : Stuttering.

The reception quality for these channels is 100%. I think it's not a problem of reception because when I record a stuttering channel and when I whatch this record, i have no stuttering. (Only when I desactivate RTSP for recording)

These channels is available only in one transponder so I can't test this ... :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom