Only a few channels are stuttering over a 100Mbps LAN (1 Viewer)

blaudden

Portal Pro
November 19, 2006
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
erosoco: my conclusions are the same as you. It must be a streaming problem. Please keep digging!

erosco

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 25, 2007
    Home Country
    Gent's

I apologise for not posting for a while..unfortunately my pc died (overheated) and it'll be a week or two before I can afford replacement parts...

There's definately bugs in the RTSP stuff.. And I'm not convinced this is a simple winsock1/2 problem although I do believe it's related to timing of ACKs etc coming back. It very well could (partly) be that the current implementation doesn't do blocking properly. I'm convinced there's buffer overruns in various spots as I've seen packets arrive (using wireshark) on the client that txreader never sees. I've also seen dramatic differences in lost TS records being sent from the TVServer depending on whether the CPU is busy/idle.. epg is running and various other factors.

In essence; I think it needs an overhaul (which is probably out of my league).. but when I get set up again I might try and play around with the latest live555 stuff and see what I can come up with.

Cheers
    erosco

titof

Portal Pro
    March 3, 2008
    Home Country
    France France
    erosco or any developer
    Can you test with this recording in RTSP mode ? It's stuttering in RTSP mode but not in normal mode (via MyVideo for exemple). It's not a HDTV recording, just a simple mpeg2 recording.

Please, say me why it's stuttering ?

Thanks.

blaudden

Portal Pro
    November 19, 2006
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Managed to compile the StreamingServer example program and modified it so it's now able to stream one of my recorded files(that shows stuttering). Will see what I can find - if I figure out how this works :)

titof

Portal Pro
    March 3, 2008
    Home Country
    France France
    Hi,

Any news about this ? Are you progress in your research ?

Can a MP developer could look ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom