Only load subtitle when audio isn't the default audio language (1 Viewer)

fredco

Portal Pro
November 13, 2010
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
I know this thread is old, but I'm also struggling with this problem. Did somebody ever get this right?
It seems LAV splitter advanced settings are not being used by MP. Usually the MP default settings with English for audio and Dutch for subs works fine for me, but sometimes a video only has English audio AND subs. MP then shows the English subs by default. Why I don't know, probably because it's the only choice and I have "Subtitles will be auto loaded by language preference" set. But English is NOT my subs preference !!
I have set LAV splitter as follows: eng:nld eng:eek:ff, which should show Dutch subs with English audio and if no Dutch subs are available show no subs. I've also tried the code "dut" instead of "nld".
Any suggestions?

fredco

Portal Pro
November 13, 2010
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
Ok Sebastiii, thanks. Any chance MP will be getting some more advanced settings for the subs behaviour in the future that you know of?

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    Right now nope :( i will read again your post because it should not auto select english maybe you didn't use the correct option :)

fredco

Portal Pro
    November 13, 2010
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I have a video with English audio ONLY AND English subs ONLY. Standard behaviour from MP is to show those English subs, although I have clearly stated a preference for DUTCH subtitles in MP.

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    Can you upload a sample ?

Effectively, if sub are set to DUTCH, it should not load english one.

Please upload your log too (you must enable Debug level in MP config) and start MP first option and upload it here :p

fredco

Portal Pro
    November 13, 2010
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    The video I'm referring to is Disney's Paperman. Is has English audio and subs only, as is shown by BDInfo:

Video info.jpg

When it's played you see the English subs:

Paperman with subs.jpg

Although the settings say otherwise:

MP video subs settings.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom