OpenLounge uPnP MediaServer (1 Viewer)

Kaoh

Portal Pro
September 11, 2006
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
:D
Sounds excellent.

You send the file to me, ill do some testing for you and enjoy the plugin while doing just that :D

About permission, if the original developer does not respond, try to send the guys from MP for advise.
I think since you aknowledge the work and it is open source as it was you can share your version also as long as you do it open source also.

Btw, I am more then willing to help out with your project when things get started, I am a c# developer myself so I can do some debugging and stuff, I am just short of time.

Kaoh

Portal Pro
September 11, 2006
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
Hey there mate, any word?
If you dont have the time to develop on it anymore, just send it over, I'll take over for you and finish it where needed, cause you sound nearly done if not done.
I would really love this feature in MP.

Kaoh

Portal Pro
September 11, 2006
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
FYI,
mpTIno send it over to me, so together we can a first release.
Still working on adding some features and then I think its time for a first release (alpha).
Now working on support for m3u playlist as folders with files, so even if your UPnP client can not handle the m3u playlists you can force the plugin to convert these to normal folders.

Kaoh

Portal Pro
September 11, 2006
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
Well happy news:

We got a first beta for the early testers that are willing.
I have it running now for a couple of days stable and fine.
I do not have a video/image client, so I only tested those with tools, not sure about the video working so far ;-)

The music part is fully tested though.

Its only tested on my side on a svn from 04-29 (full Tv server setup and those must all be in sink etc etc ;-)

This version has the following features:
- Custom server name
- Optional building of toplevel all items folders (a full list of all your mp3 files for example)
- Optional including of shares configured in MP for each media type. So if you specified in your Music plugin what folders to use, this plugin can adopt those settings
- Optional adding shares yourself, specify optionally what media type it should allow.
- Optional conversion of M3U playlist files to full folders, this allows a client that does not support M3U files to use them like they were normal folders.
- Supplied content filtering, when adding shares you can specify what content it should host, this way it will only host music files in a music share and skipping folder.jpg images for example, this is optionally. Shares added from the MP plugins auto filter depending on their plugin source, so shares added from the Music plugin will filter to music content only.
- Display name formatting, it uses the full ID3v1 info to format the name, you can customize this formatting, independen for normal files and items in the playlists.

Known issues:
- Loading of MP with this plugin can take a long time depending on your amount of files (items from M3U files count as well when conversion option is enabled)
- While server is running updates to the folders isnt all that yet, no filtering of the content if a share is filtered to for example Music only. Sometimes folders/files that are deleted are not released till MP shutsdown. Adding items will mostly not parse ID3 or image info since virus scanners lock the files while the server is trying to parse them

Things I still want to add:
- Auto generating of playlist, I want to have in each folder a playlist item that lets me play all songs from this point on.

ejensen

September 22, 2007
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Kaoh ... I loaded your plugin today and I am impressed, great work. A feature that would be cool for you to consider is movie stacking (e.g. Movie (2007)-CD1 & Movie (2007)-CD2 showing just as Movie (2007). Not sure if its even possible with something like this, but it would rock if it was.

thanks again for the great work!!

Kaoh

Portal Pro
September 11, 2006
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
I feel that managing the files is somethign people need to do for themselfs, it can only cause trouble ;)
So sorry but something like that I will not make, even if it was possible. Besides how to decide what files to stack and what not...

ejensen

September 22, 2007
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
I agree that people need to manage files for themselves, but it makes it easier to view when you have a movie split up in 2 files.
Media Portal already does this by default, I was just hopeing we could extend the same functionality to the UpNP plugin.
For example... I my movies folder I have the following
My Movie (2007)-cd1.mpg
My Movie (2007)-cd2.mpg
Media Portal stacks these movies together so they show up as My Movie (2007).
With the UpNP plugin, I have to play My Movie (2007)-cd1.mpg and then when that one is done I have to play My Movie (2007)-cd2.mpg in order to watch the second part of the movie.

Maybe this is just a function of the UpNP client instead of the server? I know the XBMC does this.

Kaoh

Portal Pro
September 11, 2006
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
ok, so more like a short hand auto playlist functionality.
If en when I get mediaplayer support working, been busy with the X10 stuff instead, sorry, I will give that a look, will not be so hard to implement, but I can not test it since it I have no video renderers myself. Thats why I need mediaplayer support first.

stuart68

Portal Member
December 4, 2007
Scotland
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Hi, I am new to MP and I am trying to get TinoMediaServer to work. Being new I am a little oncerned that I have not extracted the files correctly and copied them to the correct folders within the Team MediaPortal folder. I have copied the dll's at the top of the Release SVN folder into the MediaPortal folder and then copied the pluggins/process dll into the MediaPortal/Pluggins/Process folder.

Can you tell me if this is correct or should I have created TinoMediaServer folders at some point?

Thanks

Hi,
I am convinced that I have copied the dll's to the correct directories within MediaPortal, but I cannot see the UPnP server using the Intel tools to find all of the servers on the subnet.
Is there anythin further that I need to do after installing the pluggin to make it visible on the network. MediaPortal is running on a HTPC that has other media servers installed, these can all be seen on the network.
I am keen to get this to work as I have a hardware media renderer at home and I am keen to see how it interoperates as it is a product being developed by the company I work for and this would give us another server that we are compatible with.
Thanks in advance...

piranha

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 17, 2005
    Do you see the plugin in the mediaportal configuration.exe ?
    you have to enable and configure it there first.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom