(Original Post) *Picture Update 11-06-2012* : 'EVE' (1 Viewer)

J

joostzilla

Re: New Project: 'EVE' - iPad Mediaportal & Home Automation control

As always, your graphic skills continues to amaze me :)

Perhaps you could explain a bit more in detail how this will work? Is this essentially an iPad app, that has access to MediaPortal content? And also can control home automation? Will it show audio/video on the iPad or on the TV? Maybe both :D

Thanks Mikkel :D

To answer your questions:
It is an iPad app called iViewer which allows us to built the GUI and interface with various controllers/aplications.
With the help of MPextended we can access the databases of MP for as we call it 'browse control'. That means you can browse your entire media collection without interupting the currently playing. Ofcourse this mode will also allows for playback of the selected media on your bigscreen TV.
Thanks to two-way-communication Eve is the ultimate 'secondary' screen for playing and controlling Music and Radio.

There is also the 'direct control' option which basically is a MP remote control.
Eve will interface with MP through your wifi router.
For the home controls Eve connects currently via HouseBot to the relevant controller. e.g. X10, z-wave, Global Caché iTach etc. etc.
If Eve can display LiveTV or video is not sure. If the technology allows for it... We certainly want it :)

Mind you, we are still in a very premature development stage so nothing is written in stone yet.

powermarcel10

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 30, 2010
    Groningen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands

WOW! Look's amazing.. Only for ipad? Or maybe for iphone eighter..

el_gato

Portal Pro
    October 15, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: New Project: 'EVE' - iPad Mediaportal & Home Automation control

although i don't have any iProduct i am really happy about the progress in this direction being made! keep up the good work!

DieBagger

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 11, 2007
    Austria
    Home Country
    Austria Austria

Wow, this looks fantastic, congrats!!!

MrCrabs

Portal Pro
    January 21, 2010
    Braunschweig
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: New Project: 'EVE' - iPad Mediaportal & Home Automation control

Wow, looking good! Did you guys talk to shukuyen who made the CouchPotato app, he was planning on getting mpextended to work withbhis app, too. I think it is pretty sad if things are developed twice. Though his work is made for iPhone, yours only for iPad.
    Is there any chance to get it at the moment? I'd like to support with testing.

PServais

Portal Member
    July 31, 2008
    Maastricht
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands

WOW! Look's amazing.. Only for ipad? Or maybe for iphone eighter..

Sorry, Not for iPhone. :(

Currently Eve is not made for a iPhone.
    The app (iViewer) is made for iPad as well as for iPhone, so maybe in the future we'll make a small gui for the Iphone.
    But for now: all eyes on the iPad :D

As always, your graphic skills continues to amaze me :)

Perhaps you could explain a bit more in detail how this will work? Is this essentially an iPad app, that has access to MediaPortal content? And also can control home automation? Will it show audio/video on the iPad or on the TV? Maybe both :D

Thanks Mikkel :D

To answer your questions:
    It is an iPad app called iViewer which allows us to built the GUI and interface with various controllers/aplications.
    With the help of MPextended we can access the databases of MP for as we call it 'browse control'. That means you can browse your entire media collection without interupting the currently playing. Ofcourse this mode will also allows for playback of the selected media on your bigscreen TV.
    Thanks to two-way-communication Eve is the ultimate 'secondary' screen for playing and controlling Music and Radio.

There is also the 'direct control' option which basically is a MP remote control.
    Eve will interface with MP through your wifi router.
    For the home controls Eve connects currently via HouseBot to the relevant controller. e.g. X10, z-wave, Global Caché iTach etc. etc.
    If Eve can display LiveTV or video is not sure. If the technology allows for it... We certainly want it :)

Mind you, we are still in a very premature development stage so nothing is written in stone yet.

In addition to the answer from Joost:
    iViewer can 'speak' with every piece of soft/hardware that talks tcp/ip.
    Like Joost said, with the help of MPextended we get any kind of database info from MP.
    With the help of WifiRemote we control MP.
    The homecontrol is currently managed by a software called 'HouseBot' from Cebotics, just because we don't have the time to write our own server. But in the near future I want to write my own homecontrol server so it can be fully customized to our needs.
    Eve CAN display LiveTV or video :D, and will be implemented in the near future.

J

joostzilla

Re: AW: New Project: 'EVE' - iPad Mediaportal & Home Automation control

Wow, looking good! Did you guys talk to shukuyen who made the CouchPotato app, he was planning on getting mpextended to work withbhis app, too. I think it is pretty sad if things are developed twice. Though his work is made for iPhone, yours only for iPad.
    Is there any chance to get it at the moment? I'd like to support with testing.

I've contacted Shukuyen twice. I even shown him our mockups. Unfortunately he doesnt answer my mails. :(
    I hope he will though!

Oxan

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 29, 2009
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands

Wow, that looks good!

As for LiveTV and/or video: I've started some work on streaming to iOS (in MPExtended) but essentially stalled on the fact that I don't have enough time and don't have an iDevice to test. I surely think that with some time investment it should be possible to implement it in the app. Contact me when you're starting on it, I might be able to help a bit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom