(Original Post) *Picture Update 11-06-2012* : 'EVE' (2 Viewers)

mardup

Portal Pro
October 24, 2007
Toulouse
Home Country
France France
Re : New Project: 'EVE' - iPad Mediaportal & Home Automation control

Hi guys

A few months ago, after many years of use, I left MediaPortal, a little annoyed, to join XBMC. :(

The main (and only) reason was that only of XBMC plugins offered "beautiful" applications to control my media center with the new toy I had just to offer me: an iPad!

But now, with EVE, this amazing application, I'll finally be able to return home without any regret!

:D :D :D

( and sorry for my poor english ... it's a google translate )

J

joostzilla

Re: Re : New Project: 'EVE' - iPad Mediaportal & Home Automation control

Hi guys

A few months ago, after many years of use, I left MediaPortal, a little annoyed, to join XBMC. :(

The main (and only) reason was that only of XBMC plugins offered "beautiful" applications to control my media center with the new toy I had just to offer me: an iPad!

But now, with EVE, this amazing application, I'll finally be able to return home without any regret!

:D :D :D

( and sorry for my poor english ... it's a google translate )

Welcome back. Although Eve is far from finished i hope you stay with MediaPortal. :)

CommandFusion

Portal Member
August 11, 2011
Home Country
Re: AW: New Project: 'EVE' - iPad Mediaportal & Home Automation control

If we had more manpower we would be able to deliver much faster. :D

Throw it up on github and I will contribute where I can. If you aren't quite ready for publicly releasing the source, I can put it in a private repo under our CommandFusion account for now and give you admin rights to the repo as well.

Shukuyen

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 8, 2008
    Lake of Constance
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

Wow, looking good! Did you guys talk to shukuyen who made the CouchPotato app, he was planning on getting mpextended to work withbhis app, too. I think it is pretty sad if things are developed twice. Though his work is made for iPhone, yours only for iPad.
    Is there any chance to get it at the moment? I'd like to support with testing.

I've contacted Shukuyen twice. I even shown him our mockups. Unfortunately he doesnt answer my mails. :(
    I hope he will though!

I had zero free time the last weeks, sorry for not answering :-/ Hope that is getting better now.

The design is looking really amazing, well done!
    I hope CouchPotato's iPad layout will look nearly as good, then I am happy :) Doing MPExtended integration for the iPhone app first, then the iPad is in the focus.

bodiroga

Portal Pro
    January 1, 2008
    Home Country
    Spain Spain

Wow, looking good! Did you guys talk to shukuyen who made the CouchPotato app, he was planning on getting mpextended to work withbhis app, too. I think it is pretty sad if things are developed twice. Though his work is made for iPhone, yours only for iPad.
    Is there any chance to get it at the moment? I'd like to support with testing.

I've contacted Shukuyen twice. I even shown him our mockups. Unfortunately he doesnt answer my mails. :(
    I hope he will though!

I had zero free time the last weeks, sorry for not answering :-/ Hope that is getting better now.

The design is looking really amazing, well done!
    I hope CouchPotato's iPad layout will look nearly as good, then I am happy :) Doing MPExtended integration for the iPhone app first, then the iPad is in the focus.

Does this mean that there is no option for working together to build a simple app instead of having two that do the same?

:(

Shukuyen

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 8, 2008
    Lake of Constance
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

Does this mean that there is no option for working together to build a simple app instead of having two that do the same?

I don't know, the first time I heard about this was when Joost sent the concept screens (thanks for that, by the way). The plan to do this already seemed to be in place.

I guess the problem is that I am charging for CouchPotato. This makes it hard to share work like it is possible with open source projects ...

Edit: That doesn't mean that I am not interested in collaborating, don't get me wrong! I don't really like the idea of two projects doing the same thing, but I can see that some want to have the iPad layout earlier than I can deliver.

J

joostzilla

I don't know, the first time I heard about this was when Joost sent the concept screens (thanks for that, by the way). The plan to do this already seemed to be in place.

I guess the problem is that I am charging for CouchPotato. This makes it hard to share work like it is possible with open source projects ...

Edit: That doesn't mean that I am not interested in collaborating, don't get me wrong! I don't really like the idea of two projects doing the same thing, but I can see that some want to have the iPad layout earlier than I can deliver.

And we build our GUI in Iviewer. Thats a great difference i guess.

MrCrabs

Portal Pro
    January 21, 2010
    Braunschweig
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: Re: AW: New Project: 'EVE' - iPad Mediaportal & Home Automation control

And we build our GUI in Iviewer. Thats a great difference i guess.

We all can wait, I guess, since in the end there will be a great app for both, iPad and iPhone.
    Shukuyen integrated WiFiRemote into his app, you have come further with MPExtended as it looks. Shukuyen, you already let shine through that you like Joosts design...is it that hard to change to iViewer. Come on, put it all together. That would be a great app.

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005

Just open source the CouchPotato - that would be the right thing to do in the spirit of MediaPortal.

bodiroga

Portal Pro
    January 1, 2008
    Home Country
    Spain Spain

Just open source the CouchPotato - that would be the right thing to do in the spirit of MediaPortal.

Wouldn't people that have paid for the app complain about that? And doesn't that mean that anyone could compile it's own version of CouchPotato and use it (or even sell it) for free?

I understand your point, but I suppose that Shukuyen wants to, at least, pay the Apple developers fee selling the app. It's really complicated to satisfy everybody's desires, although I hope that both "teams" will join forces.

Thanks to all and best regards.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom