(Original Post) *Picture Update 11-06-2012* : 'EVE' (2 Viewers)

Iceman89610

Portal Pro
July 19, 2008
Ipswich
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Re: *Picture Update 09-12-2011* : 'EVE' - iPad Mediaportal & Home Automation control

@Iceman: It is supposed to be able to stream. At least it's planned to integrate that. Maybe not in one of the first releases.

Thanks, I'm not too worried about streaming as its not really something I do but being able to browse the movie library and have it play on the big screen just from pressing play on the ipad would be great. Can't wait for a 1st release of this to see what it can do. Also, thinking aloud, I assume you won't need a jailbroken device for this?? :D

J

joostzilla

Re: *Picture Update 09-12-2011* : 'EVE' - iPad Mediaportal & Home Automation control

@Iceman: It is supposed to be able to stream. At least it's planned to integrate that. Maybe not in one of the first releases.

Thanks, I'm not too worried about streaming as its not really something I do but being able to browse the movie library and have it play on the big screen just from pressing play on the ipad would be great. Can't wait for a 1st release of this to see what it can do. Also, thinking aloud, I assume you won't need a jailbroken device for this?? :D
Indeed... No jailbreak required :)

Iceman89610

Portal Pro
July 19, 2008
Ipswich
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom

Perfect, I'd rather not jailbreak........just don't see the benefits.

mickelin

Portal Pro
September 29, 2006
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
Re: New Project: 'EVE' - iPad Mediaportal & Home Automation control

The homecontrol is currently managed by a software called 'HouseBot' from Cebotics, just because we don't have the time to write our own server. But in the near future I want to write my own homecontrol server so it can be fully customized to our needs.

Why not use EventGhost for the home automation? It is easily extendable/customizable, it plays nice with Mediaportal and iViewer, it can control basically anything and integrate with everything and it is open source! And a lot of your potential "customers" are probably already running it, including me:D

Good luck with your amazing project!

lanceuppercu

Portal Pro
January 13, 2008
London

this looks amazing, i would buy an ipad if it meant i was able to control MP with a slick GUI!

MrCrabs

Portal Pro
January 21, 2010
Braunschweig
Home Country
Germany Germany
AW: *Picture Update 09-12-2011* : 'EVE' - iPad Mediaportal & Home Automation control

I also think that IPSymcon would be a great thing to get integrated for automation.

mickelin

Portal Pro
September 29, 2006
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
Re: AW: *Picture Update 09-12-2011* : 'EVE' - iPad Mediaportal & Home Automation cont

I also think that IPSymcon would be a great thing to get integrated for automation.

Sure, but that's a commercial, proprietary system, right? Not really in the spirit of community based, open source development.:p
But I'm sure EventGhost can connect to it.

J

joostzilla

I've posted some new images in the first post.
- Background choice
- Home screen
- IMDb website integrated in Eve shell
- Global search

Hope you'll like them.

:)

MrCrabs

Portal Pro
January 21, 2010
Braunschweig
Home Country
Germany Germany
Re: AW: *Picture Update 09-12-2011* : 'EVE' - iPad Mediaportal & Home Automation cont

Sure, but that's a commercial, proprietary system, right? Not really in the spirit of community based, open source development.:p

Yes, right, it's commercial, but would be great if EVE's homeautomation function can somehow deal with it. If it could work via Eventghost and EVE would use that one it would be great.

@joost: I definitly love what I've seen so far. It looks so great that it's hard to believe this is not commercial and built by apple or so, but just by a team of three people...Your designs really are great and make things so much more professional.

I started designing an own skin once (but discontinued it due to a lak of time) and despite all my ideas it just woun't become great since my graphic skills are too low and that just makes everything great. If you've got a good application with a bad GUI it's crap, whilst a not that good app with fantastic graphics is way better. In german we say:"Das Auge isst mit" meaning "You also eat with your eye" in a metaphoric way...Your designs are great, Joost! And the programmers are creating some really nice app here. Respect for your work!

J

joostzilla

Sure, but that's a commercial, proprietary system, right? Not really in the spirit of community based, open source development.

Yes, right, it's commercial, but would be great if EVE's homeautomation function can somehow deal with it. If it could work via Eventghost and EVE would use that one it would be great.

@joost: I definitly love what I've seen so far. It looks so great that it's hard to believe this is not commercial and built by apple or so, but just by a team of three people...Your designs really are great and make things so much more professional.

I started designing an own skin once (but discontinued it due to a lak of time) and despite all my ideas it just woun't become great since my graphic skills are too low and that just makes everything great. If you've got a good application with a bad GUI it's crap, whilst a not that good app with fantastic graphics is way better. In german we say:"Das Auge isst mit" meaning "You also eat with your eye" in a metaphoric way...Your designs are great, Joost! And the programmers are creating some really nice app here. Respect for your work!

Thanks very much for your kind words. :)
I always thought MP deserved professional skins and a kick-ass control app.
And... we just love MediaPortal and its community. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom