(Original Post) Preview : 'EVE' (1 Viewer)

The_Stig

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 5, 2005
    Ah...ic...but thats more then i expected. Its pretty easy in "normal" MP to jump to a position a few minutes ahead. But its not that easy in a stream. So great news, me likes it!

Ericjuh

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 15, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    My expectations jumped high into the air when the team from mediaportal posted this on the frontpage. It was really good to make a newpost about it, but it also made me think this product was on a final developing stage.

The biggest problem is... i want this! This makes mediaportal so much beter :) So keep looking out for this thread. Take your time.

Jean-Marc

Portal Pro
    February 28, 2007
    Home Country
    France France
    As everybody here, I also am waiting for this fantastic tool! The design is awesome, thank you for your hard work and your spare time!

I plan to use a wall mounted tablet and it is obvious that I will not buy an ipad for that now that iviewer runs on Android and that you can find Android tablets for about 60 € BUT I would like to know the minimum requirements for a tablet be able to smoothly run EVE?

Second point: home automation is abandoned, a PITY after you design such a great interface!! How is it possible to get it for those interested? I had a look at GUImanager software and it seems not too complicated to use, but where to find the "setpoint" button (it seems it is not into the buttons library)?

many thanks!

johanj

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 31, 2009
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Sure iViewer exist for Android but I have no Android pad. The one person that tried our gui on Android had problems. Can't say if that was due to some bugs in the first version of iViewer for Android or if it's in the way rescaling works. The gui is made for a fixed iPad resolution and it has to be rescaled on the fly for Android units. I'm not sure if I could answer you what minimum performance one need for a smooth gui, that is up to how demanding a user is. In general I think that one get what one pay for...Also retina resolution is only possible to get on iPad retina display.

Second point. Well, HA was included in the project before I joined. The person that needed it for his personal use do not work with the project anymore. Also, the standalone app that we can release need to be limited to MediaPortal alone. That will not change. Not much was implemented for this anyway, it's mainly mockups. We might complete this further on but I guess that at least one of us need to buy a lot of home control gear before that happen;) We only have some custom panels for video camera, receivers, tv and projector. Nothing for lights, alarm or heating.

The setpoint buttons. Guess you mean the scroll wheels? It's no predefined buttons in iViewer for them, you need to do them with gestures on an image and write code that rotate and shift images. It's a scroll wheel example in the git examples Command Fusion has. We have implemented the scroll wheel seen in the mockup but do not use it in the Eve project.

The_Stig, I checked switching audio track in a stream and that works fine.

wubbelsc

March 11, 2013
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    I stumbled onto this when I was looking for information about setting up iviewer with XBMC. I just recently switched to XBMC partially due to them having an iviewer sample created that looks pretty good. But this looks a hundred times better. Once this is released I will be heading back to MediaPortal once again. There is just one question that I have. Is this going to be open for free download or will it cost (other than the iviewer license)? Some of the interfaces out there are way too much for a DIY setup.

johanj

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 31, 2009
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    The only thing that is planned for is a standalone app that bundles iViewer with our gui and scripts. We might do a theme for guiDesigner.

Jean-Marc

Portal Pro
    February 28, 2007
    Home Country
    France France
    Sure iViewer exist for Android but I have no Android pad. The one person that tried our gui on Android had problems. Can't say if that was due to some bugs in the first version of iViewer for Android or if it's in the way rescaling works. The gui is made for a fixed iPad resolution and it has to be rescaled on the fly for Android units. I'm not sure if I could answer you what minimum performance one need for a smooth gui, that is up to how demanding a user is. In general I think that one get what one pay for...Also retina resolution is only possible to get on iPad retina display.

Second point. Well, HA was included in the project before I joined. The person that needed it for his personal use do not work with the project anymore. Also, the standalone app that we can release need to be limited to MediaPortal alone. That will not change. Not much was implemented for this anyway, it's mainly mockups. We might complete this further on but I guess that at least one of us need to buy a lot of home control gear before that happen;) We only have some custom panels for video camera, receivers, tv and projector. Nothing for lights, alarm or heating.

The setpoint buttons. Guess you mean the scroll wheels? It's no predefined buttons in iViewer for them, you need to do them with gestures on an image and write code that rotate and shift images. It's a scroll wheel example in the git examples Command Fusion has. We have implemented the scroll wheel seen in the mockup but do not use it in the Eve project.

The_Stig, I checked switching audio track in a stream and that works fine.

Thanks for your clear explanation. So the only problem with Android seems to be a resolution one, but retina resolution is now available on some Android tablets...and much more when your project will be release!
    http://www.cube-tablet.com/cube-u30gt-rk3188-quad-core-tablet-pc-10-retina-android-4-1-white.html

Thanks for your great work!

wubbelsc

March 11, 2013
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    The only thing that is planned for is a standalone app that bundles iViewer with our gui and scripts. We might do a theme for guiDesigner.

Bummer, I guess I will have to learn scripting to get what I want out of the Media Center. Such a mountain to climb to get something like this that will be customizable. It looks awesome by the way. Got to go read now.

johanj

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 31, 2009
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    @jean-Mark, one of the issues is resolution related. We actually resized the entire project to Android default resolution and displaced all gui objects at startup with different amounts on Android and iPad. This to have the two platforms supported in the same gui file, I wanted to avoid having two branches of basically the same gui. For Android some more screen size is then available since the format is wider. But with the performance issues and some other issues(gestures didn't work, didn't have control on the video player) we stopped trying. I'm sure CommandFusion will address these issues further on, we tried on the first iViewer Android version with one Android unit. Some things might have been fixed already or only connected to the specific Android model, who knows. Still, resizing graphics is far from optimal. I can't tell if we release an Android version. It's at least not on what I will spend time on in the nearest future. Retina resolution was not possible to use in Android iViewer last time I asked Command Fusion about it, also this might have changed.

@wubbelsc, I'm just not sure what we will do with the project further on. Custom installers are asking for the graphics and others want to get the gui file directly for their own use. Command Fusion wants us to create a theme for their guiDesigner. And I want to release the standalone app asap. All these other things has to come later. They all require some discussions and quite some thought.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom