(Original Post) Preview : 'EVE' (1 Viewer)

Jean-Marc

Portal Pro
February 28, 2007
Home Country
France France
The only thing that is planned for is a standalone app that bundles iViewer with our gui and scripts. We might do a theme for guiDesigner.
If you do a theme for guiDesigner, and if this one is installed on a windows touch screen PC, there is no need of iViewer and everything wiil work? (Or I am missing something).
And same thing on a windows 8 tablet?

johanj

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 31, 2009
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    GuiDesigner is the program one develop the interface in. One run the gui in iViewer and that is not available on windows. Only iPad version of Eve is planned to be released. Havent I said this quite a few times already?

bob808

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 14, 2008
    Hampshire
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    @johanj - how is this progressing - it looks fantastic. Just wondering if this might get a sneaky release before the end of the year, or if we are looking at sometime in 2014. Is there a roadmap or status on what is done and what's still outstanding anywhere?

Torrnado

Portal Member
    March 15, 2009
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    My thoughts exactly... Was hoping for a christmas gift for myself ;) But take your time, make sure family and health comes first :)

johanj

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 31, 2009
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    No, it will not be no early Christmas present, sorry. We haven't had enough time for the project during the last weeks. A release also depend on a lot of other things. E.g. MPExtended and WifiRemote release since we rely on development versions right now. Command Fusion also need to bundle our gui with their iViewer.

Ericjuh

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 15, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Its indeed getting quiet down here. Even de promotion video in the first post isnt working anymore. Hope this project isnt a dead end, but sadly i feel a silence dead incomming. Now i hope i'm totally wrong.. Keep up this great project!

Shukuyen

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 8, 2008
    Lake of Constance
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I think you are indeed wrong :) Johan just contributed some patches to WifiRemote and is still working on eve as far as I know.

Let me tell you from my experience with CouchPotato that this is really a lot of work ;) such an ambitious project takes time, especially when done in the little free time one has.

johanj

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 31, 2009
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    I thought it was more than one Christmas missed...;)

The promotion video was posted by infinityloop, it was he that edited the video. I can see if we can upload it again.

The project is not dead and we are close to a release. But why post all the time that we are nearly there? Family takes quite a lot of time, I have a six months son on my stomach and a three year old running around my feets right now...[DOUBLEPOST=1389021551][/DOUBLEPOST]
    image.jpg

Attachments

• image.jpg
      image.jpg
      797.9 KB
    Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom