(Original Post) Preview : 'EVE' (1 Viewer)

deathnite

Portal Member
August 26, 2007
Home Country
Eve will run on all iPad version.

Sorry I know. Just an off handed comment because when the first post was mentioned it was pertaining to an iPad2 at the time. This is when we only had two choices. iPad and iPad2. Now we have a few more <smirk>, thus a little dig at how long this project is taking.

Dont get me wrong. Really looking forward to it, but just hoping its not going to be a duke nukem.

carver

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 7, 2008
    stuttgart
    Just found this thread - really excited about your project. Exact the Tool i've been waiting for. Need a donation for coffee, a New ipad mini or something??

johanj

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 31, 2009
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Still making some progress. Almost every day, but it's slow development.

Thanks for the offer, but what I lacking is mainly time. Wife, two boys(5 months, 3 years) and day job take quite some time. I work with this on the bus ride home from work and when family goes to bed. Can't sit up too late since the old boy often wake up 5 something in the morning and the little one can wake up at any time during the night...

carver

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 7, 2008
    stuttgart
    a appreciate your work and your efforts to develop such a great app in your your limited spare time - i hope you will be rewarded by many app-purchases for your hard work. i'll buy 2 as you don't accept a little help :) and if its only for your 2 little future-programmers :) i'd love to help you with that, but code, in my eyes, looks like alphabet soup...

The_Stig

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 5, 2005
    All looking really awesome, @johanj and @joostzilla

Just two things I am missing currently with WebMPExtended:

-ability to switch audio streams
    -ability to resume in a previously watched video/series (time flag)

Will this be possible with eve? As far as I understood oxan, at least audio stream swichting should be already supported by MPExtended?

johanj

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 31, 2009
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Changing audio stream is implemented but I frankly do not remember if it works, I will check. I actually do not use the streaming so much and I watch live tv when I do where only one audio stream is available.

It's currently no way of setting the watched time flag in MPExtended. It's also no way for me to get the player position from iViewer when a stream is watched.I have discussed this with developers at MPExt. and iViewer and they might add it in the future.

One is now asked if one want to resume at last played position when starting a stream or when starting in MediaPortal with Eve. The playing position is the same as when you resume media in MediaPortal.

The_Stig

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 5, 2005
    I am a bit confused between your answers:

It's currently no way of setting the watched time flag in MPExtended.
    and
    One is now asked if one want to resume at last played position when starting a stream or when starting in MediaPortal with Eve.

If there is no way of setting the watched time flag, how can one be asked if one wants to resume the last played position? Am I understanding something wrong?

johanj

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 31, 2009
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Its possible to read the watch flag but not update it using mpext. MP can of course update the watch time. Say that you watch 10 minutes of a recording in MP. Start the recording in MP using eve and it will ask with a popup in eve if to resume at 10. Or Stream the recording in eve and it will ask to resume at 10. Streaming for 10 more minutes and stopping will not update to 20 minutes; for next resume it will ask if to resume at 10 again. Clear?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom