(Original Post) Preview : 'EVE' (8 Viewers)

johanj

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 31, 2009
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    With that said, Command Fusions iViewer can control just about anything that talk tcp/udp. I have made small adjustments of Eve when my client is selected.E.g. the volume slider control my Onkyo amps volume over tcp/ip and the amp also send back feedback. The volume slider therefore changes when I raise the volume on the amp with ir remote.:)

Wake on Lan is implemented in Eve, it send UDP packages to wake the HTPC, the packages are calculated from the computers MAC address. I could however not get Wake On Lan working over internet, guess that my router do not let the package through. So my version of Eve instead send an event to a girder webserver that wake the HTPC. These examples are just small things that I have made for my setup, anything is possible.

JacobJust

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 23, 2006
    Aarhus
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    This is spot on what i want. Onkyo volume control from volume slider and girder commands ...

Any chance of becomming a tester of the same setup? :)

Last edited:

Spragleknas

• Team MediaPortal
  • December 21, 2005
    Located
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Would be neat if this app could call other apps, like my Yamaha AVR-app (or even better - control the amp directly, but I guess this is close to impossible and a lot of work due to many brands etc).

mbuzina

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 11, 2005
    Germany
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    One Q: Will it work on an iPad 1? I would like to use that one as a dedicated MP remote.

Additionally (I already asked this a while ago): How about integrating YouTube (or online Videos searching) with a preview on the iPad and a command to send it to the htpc? I might start thinking about adding such a functionality myself. You mention different changes above that you made, would it be possible for users to add functionality as well?

johanj

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 31, 2009
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Eve works on an iPad 1 but the transitions are quite slow compared to more recent iPad versions. The new design with transparent glass panels require quite a lot. The video was shot on an iPad third generation. The difference with the retina display is also quite big so I do not think anyone wants to run it on an iPad 1 after one has seen it on a retina display.:) Remember that only the images retrieved from MPExtended are retina now but we will add retina images also for panels/buttons.

About controlling other equipment with Eve. Although it is for sure possible to control just about anything with iViewer, e.g. alarm, lamps, video cameras, power amplifiers, this will not be included in a separate Eve app. Command Fusions iViewer has it's customers in the customer installation field. A license for iViewer is purchased for each unit, e.g. iPad, iPhone at a price that is at a different order of magnitude than the separate Eve app will be sold for. Yes, iViewer is expensive but has greater functionality compared to all other softwares for home control that I have seen. Command Fusion is really making an effort for us to release this at a reasonable price. So it's quite natural that we can't include any home control possibilities in the separate app, it must be limited to MediaPortal functionality only.

I suggest that anyone that want the possibility to control a specific receiver makes a plugin for that in MediaPortal. I'm not sure what's already possible with the Eventghost, or other event plugins already today.

About adding additional features. First of all we are aiming at completing what we have already have started, it's been too long since we started and I think that completing the already available activities is what we should focus on. Currently there are also no possibility to start a youtube/Online video clip with WifiRemote and there is no connection in MPExtended either. So adding such features require some effort in the backends first.

We are working almost daily with Eve. I will soon add some more screen dumps since new things now are available.

Oxan

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 29, 2009
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I think OnlineVideos support can be added to WifiRemote without too much effort.

johanj

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 31, 2009
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    No streaming to device yet. iOS is picky with streaming profiles and MPExtended do not yet have the supported profiles. However, they have added experimental streaming profiles that should work also for iOS so it will probably come further on. To play a stream is easy, we do that for trailers right now.

I guess the fasted way to get streaming to iOS would be to supply Oxan with an iPad...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom