(Original Post) Preview : 'EVE' (3 Viewers)

Scythe42

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 20, 2009
    Berlin
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I personally use Pandora and my local Music Collection is managed wie iTunes Match anyway, so I don't have to have everything synced. Too much GBs

Just go to the store with her and let her play with both. The display alone will convince her that's worth the higher price tag.

Last edited:

Oxan

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 29, 2009
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Don't know if EVE would be a replacement for me. But I am eager to try it out as I am missing time to work on my solution. MPExtended wasn't something for me, when I last try it. Don't know where the development headed in the meantime.
    If you tried 0.4.3, I'd suggest you to try 0.5.0, a lot of stuff has been improved in the mean time (though the concept has remained the same).

emphatic

Design Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 25, 2006
    Alingsås
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Just go to the store with her and let her play with both. The display alone will convince her that's worth the higher price tag.

We don't have an Apple store locally, but I'll check if there's any retailers nearby where we can get a hands-on look. I'm planning of ordering one online.

Emph

Scythe42

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 20, 2009
    Berlin
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I'll give 0.5.0 a shot out of curiosity even though the concept doesn't really match my actual needs.

johanj

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 31, 2009
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    I feel a bit stupid now. Streaming is working as supposed to also with sound in the stable iViewer version.The thing was that the hard button for mute on my iPad:oops: . I did not notice since WebMediaPortal running in Safari or in Webview internally in iViewer did not honor this setting and therefore played sound.

So streaming to Eve seems to be work fine now:)

emphatic

Design Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 25, 2006
    Alingsås
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Just bought an iPad (3rd gen) and look forward to trying Eve. :) *hint* I'm a very skilled tester *hint*

Emph

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom