(Original Post) Preview : 'EVE' (1 Viewer)

HabKeinPlan

January 17, 2012
Home Country
Germany Germany
Wow!:) Great news!!!
Many many thanks for sharing this...(y)

Arturas1976

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 5, 2008
    Vilnius
    Home Country
    Lithuania Lithuania
    To development group - It is not fair to have product working at home and not to share with the best :) friends

Are you planning to share only final product that somehow or partially be commercialized or have an idea to share some semi final version with community?

fripsy

Portal Pro
    December 11, 2008
    Grasse
    Home Country
    France France
    Just to be sure I understand this project:
    From what I read in the first post, I guess this is the ultimate remote control for MP, and not a MP client for the Ipad ?

I'm confused as MP would be able to stream to the Ipad, which makes the Ipad a MP client... So, in this case I would be able to watch live TV on the HTPC and a movie on the Ipad...

powermarcel10

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 30, 2010
    Groningen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Personally I don't own a tablet at this moment.. But I'm consider to buy some one.. As I'm using an android smartphone, I like to buy an android tablet as I can share my payed apps on both, I know wich custom roms I need can install, etc..

Only reason I think I go for the iPad is for this app!! But I need to say; I don't wait another year for this.. If it's not released in a couple of months I will consider an android tab..

See please give us something!! :p

ninjatobben

Portal Member
    March 31, 2010
    Personally I don't own a tablet at this moment.. But I'm consider to buy some one.. As I'm using an android smartphone, I like to buy an android tablet as I can share my payed apps on both, I know wich custom roms I need can install, etc..

Only reason I think I go for the iPad is for this app!! But I need to say; I don't wait another year for this.. If it's not released in a couple of months I will consider an android tab..

See please give us something!! :p

That's exactly the same thoughts I've had for a while. I don't have a tablet, but I'm thinking of buying one. I really want an android, but EVE is the only thing that's making me consider an iPad. I'm leaning towards an android currently. aMPdroid works good on my phone, but the design on EVE is gorgeous.

Oxan

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 29, 2009
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    FYI CommandFusion is working on an Android version of iViewer, so there will probably be an Android version of the app at some time too.

powermarcel10

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 30, 2010
    Groningen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    FYI CommandFusion is working on an Android version of iViewer, so there will probably be an Android version of the app at some time too.

I see it. It's in BETA now, and an official release will see the light end of may so it's almost ready! :) just for me; is an installation of iViewer needed to run this app or something? And than you need to run the 'eve app' inside the iViewer app or something? :)

johanj

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 31, 2009
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    The development version of Eve only run within iViewer so we can not share anything with anyone in the community unless these persons has license for iViewer.

Eve will be released as a separate app in app store, this will be our Eve gui bundled with iViewer. We are definitely not a year away from being ready with the first version but it's a bit hard for us to aim at a specific date. I can today work a bit with this project almost daily and it's imo not a lot of things to fix now. But my spare time will be reduced within just a few weeks when we expect our second child to be born.

About android version. It's probable that our gui will work on the Android version of iViewer but we have not yet tested this. One need to be aware of that the design is made for the iPad 4:3 format but most Android pads has 16:9 or 16:10 screens. The gui will be scaled to fill the screen and contain black borders on the sides, this is how iViewer works. So yes, it's probable that we can release an android version some day in the future after an iPad version.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom