(original thread) MCE Replacement Plugin v1.0.0 (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

and-81

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 7, 2005
    Melbourne
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    arjay:

Excellent, I'm really glad it's working for you now, I was getting a little worried there. Now that this is out of the way I will post the plugin on the download section of the website, I'm just cleaning up the code a little and will post it on the weekend. If anyone finds any issues in the meantime, let me know.

I believe the MCE keyboard should work as long as you are using the original microsoft driver. My plugin doesn't do anything to listen for the keyboard, so it must all be handled at the driver level.

Cheers,

mzemina

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 23, 2005
    Tulsa, OK
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Aaron - Does this plugin allow for other remotes (other than MCE remote)?

and-81

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 7, 2005
    Melbourne
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Aaron - Does this plugin allow for other remotes (other than MCE remote)?

Yes it does. How you would achieve this depends on a couple of factors ...

Firstly, the plugin is primarily designed to use the MCE receiver. And if you want to blast IR codes, that's the only device this plugin will blast through.

But it does support other RC6 remotes for input (mostly Philips brand) under the "Different Remote" feature of the plugin. This also means you could program a universal remote to blast codes that the plugin could recognise.

And there is also a feature in the plugin called "Message Mode" which is for interfacing with HIP or Girder. This feature lets you use any remote (any input method at all) that HIP or Girder (or anything that will post windows messages) can work with.

It's become quite a complicated plugin in a lot of ways, and just calling it "MCE Replacement" doesn't really tell you all the different things it can do. I'm working on a way to break it down into a few smaller plugins without losing any of the functionality. But for now, it's a behemoth.

What sort of remote/use did you have in mind?

Cheers,

mzemina

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 23, 2005
    Tulsa, OK
    Home Country
    I was wondering if the beginning post may need to be changed to reflect the added features - it could mean more people would want to use this plugin.

donaldkennedy

Portal Member
    April 3, 2005
    Swansea
    Home Country
    Wales Wales
    Hi Aaron

I was wondering if you had any plans to support mptray.exe with this plugin. I'm guessing the reason it doesn't work is something to do with the replacement driver itself. Is there any chance you might add this functionality into the driver if/when you take a look at the underlying code?

Thanks

Donald

and-81

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 7, 2005
    Melbourne
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    I was wondering if the beginning post may need to be changed to reflect the added features - it could mean more people would want to use this plugin.

Good point mzemina, I'll bring the first post further up to date when I put the plugin into the download section of the site. Thanks.

I was wondering if you had any plans to support mptray.exe with this plugin. I'm guessing the reason it doesn't work is something to do with the replacement driver itself. Is there any chance you might add this functionality into the driver if/when you take a look at the underlying code?

I've downloaded the MpTray source and had a look at it. I'm sure I could modify it to use the MceIrApi of Bruno Fleurette. This would make it work with the replacement driver (or the original). I'll report back when I have something working. Pretty busy at the moment, so might not be for a week or so.

Cheers,

Marcusb

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 16, 2005
    Melbourne
    Aaron, up until now your updates have been so incredibly fast I don't think any of us can wait for a week.

See you've set very high expectations for your self.

:-p

Keep up the great work. I'm pretty sure this will be integrated into MP code some time soon if you are agreeable.

and-81

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 7, 2005
    Melbourne
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    I would be very proud if my plugin was integrated into MP. But I think it needs a lot more work (and testing) before that happens.

There are a couple more features I want to finish off too:

1. Multiple tv cards with different set-top-boxes support.
    2. Event mapping, like the HIP scheduler. It will blast commands (or macros, or external apps) when different system/mediaportal events occur.

Once these two things are in and tested I will look at integrating aspects of the plugin into MediaPortal. Hopefully those features will be included over the weekend. Oh, and I have to finish my plugin for the TV Server... No rest for the wicked!

Thanks for your support,

Cheers,

mzemina

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 23, 2005
    Tulsa, OK
    Home Country
    ...2. Event mapping, like the HIP scheduler. It will blast commands (or macros, or external apps) when different system/mediaportal events occur.

Ohhhh!!!

This would be SO GREAT!

Event mapping - this will take some time though won't it?

Will you create a gui to map events to actions?

and-81

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 7, 2005
    Melbourne
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    This would be SO GREAT!

Event mapping - this will take some time though won't it?

Will you create a gui to map events to actions?

Yes, there will be a list of events and a you will select actions to map to them. I'm still working out the details, but it seems that like most of my plugin features it's more about the setup gui than the implimentation!

I've been juggling priorities and not getting any of them done, but I'm going to work on this feature exclusively for a few days and hopefully knock it over.

Watch this space.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom