(original thread) MCE Replacement Plugin v1.0.0 (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dale#1976

Portal Pro
September 21, 2006
Home Country
Canada Canada
Hi Aaron:

Your plugin is working wonderfully and the 'info' 'pause' problem seems to have disappeared with your last update, or MP 0.2.1 feature release.

I was going to try the TV server this weekend. Your plugin won't work with it? Will it work with the latest SVN patches, which the TV server needs?

Seems to me that the Hauppage 150MCE blaster only worked on port 2. Will it now work on port 1? When I've got the TV server up and running, I would like to get both my tuner cards working and recording with separate satelitte receivers.

Maybe I should wait for a while before trying out the TV server?

Thank you for all the effort you've put into the plugin.

Dale

donaldkennedy

Portal Member
April 3, 2005
Swansea
Home Country
Wales Wales
I've downloaded the MpTray source and had a look at it. I'm sure I could modify it to use the MceIrApi of Bruno Fleurette. This would make it work with the replacement driver (or the original). I'll report back when I have something working. Pretty busy at the moment, so might not be for a week or so.

Cheers,

Aaron

I see you're busy with a load of stuff, so don't stress too much to get this sorted, just try not to forget it in due course! I started using your replacement driver/ plugin combination last night, and that was (I think!) the only thing that I found frustrating, and I've actually got far more of a life than to be frustrated by something that minor for too long!!! The other features look great, and the event mapper sounds really exciting (oh, and blasting is much more reliable than with Myblaster, given the extra control you give over delays etc).

One question to all - does anyone have access to any useful sites with discrete IR codes (apart from www.remotecentral.com) - I'm planning for my next MP box (to live in the main living room), and have some really obscure kit I want to control!

Cheers

Donald

xavier

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 12, 2004
    Venice
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    Bug fix for Teletext MCE remote

The teletext entries in MCERemote.xml are wrong.

This is the correct entries:

--- Cut ---
    <entry name="Blue">31649</entry>
    <entry name="Yellow">31650</entry>
    <entry name="Green">31651</entry>
    <entry name="Red">31652</entry>
    <entry name="Teletext">31653</entry>
    --- Cut ---

With this modifications the red teletext button now work. ;)

Regards,
    xavier.

and-81

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 7, 2005
    Melbourne
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Plugin Updated (RC 5)

Hey all,

There is a new version of the plugin on the first post. With a new feature. Event Mapper. This lets you map MediaPortal events to blast IR codes or Macros. For example, you can have it turn on your tv when you load mediaportal, or turn your surround sound on and off coming in and out of standby. Check it out and let me know what you think. I want to include time/date based event scheduling in the next version.

I've supplied two copies of RC5, one is for 0.2.1.0 and the other is for SVNs. The plugin does not support external channel changing for the new TV engine. I'm working on a seperate plugin to do that at the moment, but I probably wont release it until I have put in the multiple set top boxes feature into this plugin as they share code.

There are also some bug fixes in RC5.

I am going to make a version of MPTray for the replacement driver, but that's a slightly lower priority at the moment. Shouldn't be long though.

Q&A:

I was going to try the TV server this weekend. Your plugin won't work with it?

No. The plugin will work with the TV Server SVNs, but wont change channels for the TV Server. There will be a new plugin specifically for the TV Server. But that's probably a week or two away.

Will it work with the latest SVN patches, which the TV server needs?

Yes, download the RC5 for SVN version on the first post of this thread and you can use it with SVN. But no TV Server channel changing support yet.

Seems to me that the Hauppage 150MCE blaster only worked on port 2. Will it now work on port 1?

I doubt it. My understanding is that it's a common problem with the Hauppage blasters. When I get around to working on improving the MceIrApi (part of Bruno's code) I will try to fix this. But that's still a low priority I'm sorry. I want to have the plugin 100% first. I've got the MceIrApi source code, but it's not compiling for me at the moment, so I can't say how long before I start working on it.

When I've got the TV server up and running, I would like to get both my tuner cards working and recording with separate satelitte receivers.

Maybe I should wait for a while before trying out the TV server?

I can't tell you what to do there, all I can say is that I'm giving the TV server a few more days before I jump in.

One question to all - does anyone have access to any useful sites with discrete IR codes (apart from www.remotecentral.com) - I'm planning for my next MP box (to live in the main living room), and have some really obscure kit I want to control!

Check out the JP1 Yahoo group. They should be able to help.

http://www.hifi-remote.com/jp1/yahoo.shtml

The teletext entries in MCERemote.xml are wrong.

Thanks for the correction xavier, I really appreciate it. It's been included in the new RC5 release of the plugin that is available now. Thank you.

Thanks again to everyone for your enthusiasm and support.

Cheers,

VdR

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 17, 2006
    Belgium
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    About blaster 1 not working.

I have an HP z552.fr and now use HIP (with MCEIR) and the exellent message plugin for MP. Before I used HIP (with MCEIR) on MCE2005.

Blaster 1 has never worked with MCEIR. It's not a h/w problem in my machine, others with this HP and MCEIR have reported the same issue. Supposingly the HP h/w is MS remote compatible. Has anyway got blaster 1 to work? And if so with what h/w and s/w?

Dale#1976

Portal Pro
    September 21, 2006
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Hey Aaron:

Thank you for answering my questions. You certainly do take good care of us MP users!!

Guess I'll keep tabs on this thread and setup the TV server when you get the blaster working with it.

Thankyou ... Dale

CHli

Portal Pro
    July 5, 2005
    Switzerland
    Home Country
    Switzerland Switzerland
    I tried using your plugin with the replacement driver but for some reasons (speed mainly + I thinks the Keyboard is not supported ?) I prefer keeping the MS one for the moment.

Anyway your work is realy great but I have a problem with the RC5 for SVN and last SVN. When exiting MediaPortal your plugin throw an error which prevent MP from exiting and it keeps running in the background.

here is the log :

http://pastebin.team-mediaportal.com/11117

thanks !

and-81

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 7, 2005
    Melbourne
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    When exiting MediaPortal your plugin throw an error which prevent MP from exiting and it keeps running in the background.

Thanks for that, I've put in a fix and will post it shortly.

zutcorp

Portal Member
    November 7, 2005
    bad box!

First of all thank you very very much for your work on this plugin. I have now dumped MCE and turned back to Meadiaportal.

However I have a problem I hope you can help my solve, in some creative manner.

I have the plugin controlling my sat box and it work reasonably well on most channels.

However some channels run small programs which work as menus on the channels (for choosing between football matches etc.). Unfortunately they run all the time and sometimes prevent the satbox from shifting chnnels via the numbers input.

What i need to do, I think, is to have the plugin blast the "exit code" before starting to put in the two digits to change channels.

Can you think of a way to accomplish this?

thanks in advance for any help!

Karsten Ulrik, Denmark

and-81

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 7, 2005
    Melbourne
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    However some channels run small programs which work as menus on the channels (for choosing between football matches etc.). Unfortunately they run all the time and sometimes prevent the satbox from shifting chnnels via the numbers input.

What i need to do, I think, is to have the plugin blast the "exit code" before starting to put in the two digits to change channels.

Can you think of a way to accomplish this?

At the moment there is a "select" code, that comes after the channel, do you think if I added a "before the digits" action it would solve your problem?

If you think that will do it, I'll put it in now, because it would be very simple to do.

Cheers,

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom