(original thread) MCE Replacement Plugin v1.0.0 (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

and-81

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 7, 2005
    Melbourne
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Errrrmmm... that is one advantage of the Input Mapper for remotes since quite a long time already, incl. MCE remotes. Just a note. :D

I was referring, in the sentence you quoted, to the advantage this plugin has over running the program "HIP" from www.byremote.com.au

The 3 other advantages I listed where for people who don't already run HIP.

I probably should have made that more clear in the post.

Cheers,

aasmund Nordal

Portal Pro
    June 20, 2005
    Norway
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    This is great :D

My next problem is how to press a button on my remote to simulate pressing down a key so that I can speak via ventrillo.

a bit of topic, but do you know how?

edit: I forgot you use hip and not girder, as I do, but is it easy with hip?

Dale#1976

Portal Pro
    September 21, 2006
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Hi There

I downloaded and copied the files over as instructed. When I go to configure the alternate MCE remote in the plugin I get this error:

************** Exception Text **************
    System.TypeLoadException: Could not load type 'MediaPortal.Util.Config' from assembly 'Core, Version=1.0.2414.28932, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'.

I just updated MP this morning to the latest stable version, so I don't think that would be the problem.

When I run MP it doesn't fully load now but is using 80% - 100% of the CPU and there is a lot of drive activity. The only way to stop it is to Cntl,Alt,Del out of it.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!!

and-81

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 7, 2005
    Melbourne
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    This is great :D

My next problem is how to press a button on my remote to simulate pressing down a key so that I can speak via ventrillo.

a bit of topic, but do you know how?

edit: I forgot you use hip and not girder, as I do, but is it easy with hip?

This plugin is designed to give MediaPortal native MCE replacement driver support, so you can do away with HIP (or Girder). It's not up to that level yet, but that's the idea.

I have another plugin planned that would give people who are keen to use HIP or Girder a way to get better integration with MediaPortal, but I'll save discussing that for another time. I'm putting my effort into this plugin for now.

EDIT: The plugin I'm talking about above is actually now built into this plugin, it's called Message Mode and it lets you use HIP or Girder but still get context sensitive mappings in MediaPortal.

I'd like to keep this thread just for discussing this plugin.

If you'd like to discuss HIP further you should check out the HIP website at:
    http://www.byremote.com.au/

And the HIP forum at:
    http://forums.dvbowners.com/

Cheers,

and-81

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 7, 2005
    Melbourne
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Plugin Updated (v0.0.3)

This is just to announce that I've updated the plugin again. The files are on the first page.

What's new?

Command Sequences - You can now set a list of IR codes to blast in sequence and then map a sequence to a button. Sequences can include IR Codes and pauses and in the future I would like to include many more abilities. Command Sequences start with "CS\" so you can tell them apart from IR Commands which now start with "IR\".

I've also added the ability to choose which Blaster port commands are blasted from (global option, hopefully I will make this better soon) and you can also tell the plugin if it should only operate when MediaPortal has focus, or all the time.

Also note that there are new install instructions. And if you've already started testing this plugin you will need to move your learned IR code files from the MediaPortal directory to the plugins\process\MCEReplacement\IR directory and remap the buttons to the new "IR\" prefixed names. Sorry about that.

I'm going to give the plugin a rest for a few days to give people who are interested some time to test it and provide feedback. I hope to hear from you all soon.

Thanks,

Dale#1976

Portal Pro
    September 21, 2006
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Hello:

Thank you for working on this plug-in. I've been struggling to get my Happauge 150MCE remote to change the channels on my satelite receiver. The numbers don't seem to be 'blasting' our the IR. Maybe this program will help.

When using the standard 'MCE' remote funtion built into MP, everything works on my remote except the channel changes are not being sent to the blaster to change channels on my satelite receiver. I am hoping your plugin will make it work. I've used MyBlaster.exe without success. I've forced it to use port 2 as per other forum member observances, again, no change.

I just downloaded your latest update and installed it. I have used the 'learn' function for each number button and call it 'Blaster IR 1' Blaster IR 2' etc. I have changed the 'Action' for each number to 'IR Blast' and assigned the correct 'learned' command.

I told it to send the IR blast to 'both' channels. I'm using channel 2.

It still is not sending the channel numbers out the IR blaster. :(

Am I doing something wrong here?

I also notice that the up and down arrows jump 2 lines instead of up or down to the next selection (as in the TV guide and on menus) Any way of getting rid of this?

Thanks again for all your efforts.

Have a nice weekend!!

and-81

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 7, 2005
    Melbourne
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Hi Dale,

Unfortunately my plugin is not a replacement for the MyBlaster plugin. (yet, maybe?)

It can have buttons mapped to blast IR codes to the set top box, but it wont send them on channel changes for the recording engine. This might be something I support in the future, I'm looking into it now, but I'd like to get the plugin 100% before I add a feature like that because I know it would bring a lot of attention to the plugin. Does that make sense?

As for the problem you are having. The repeated button presses sounds like you have installed the plugin but not the replacement driver. The replacement driver is in the MceIrApi.rar file and you need to follow the instructions here:
    http://www.byremote.com.au/Hip/mce_remote_faq.htm

If you've already installed the driver then I'm not sure why it wouldn't work. With the IR blasting have you tried telling the plugin to Only blast from port 2?

I really hope this plugin can help you, but until I implement external channel change blasting it will probably only help a little. I'll see what I can do.

Cheers,

xavier

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 12, 2004
    Venice
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    Hi and-81,

wonderful plugin !

Only a question: how do I get the resume from my remote control when the PC is in standby S3 ?

With the Microsoft driver this is a simple job, I have not found a way with MCEIr.sys. :confused:

Regards,
    xavier.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom