(original thread) MCE Replacement Plugin v1.0.0 (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

and-81

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 7, 2005
    Melbourne
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    New version for testing

Hey everyone.

I've attached a new version of the plugin, including the replacement tray app and a TV3 version of the plugin.

I will post this very same file to the download section once I know there aren't any bugs in it. Or if there are, I'll fix them and then post it.

So have a look and let me know how you go.

This version of the plugin supports MediaPortal 0.2.2.0. I haven't included seperate versions for SVN, etc ...

EDIT: I have included a seperate version for SVN! Just when I thought I was free of having to do seperate compiles, bang! A change in the SVN forces me back.

If you are running an SVN after 0.2.2.0 then you need the second attached file as well. Copy the dll from the zip over the existing dll in the MediaPortal\plugins\process\ folder.

EDIT #2: I've removed the attachments because they are out-dated now.

Cheers,

tesamu

Portal Pro
    December 4, 2006
    Rogaland
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Hi

This is exciting, but should blasting work in Vista? Still can't get it to learn or blast:

2007-01-01 13:51:41.097364 [ERROR][Config Main]: MCEReplacement: IR file "C:\Program Files\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\plugins\Process\MCEReplacement\IR\TEST2.IR" has no data, possible IR learn failure

Thanks

and-81

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 7, 2005
    Melbourne
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    I don't have Vista myself. But I believe there is some issue where Vista doesn't allow the creation of files under the "Program Files" folder. This has been addressed in the TV3 version of the plugin, I'll have to address it in this one too.

I can't be certain that is the problem, but it would make sense.

Has anyone else got the plugin working under Vista?

EDIT:

I thought about this some more and I think I know why it doesn't work now ...

I believe it's because the MCE remote device has a different device name in Vista to what it has under XP. The MceIr.dll does not look for that device name and so it won't connect to the MCE remote device.

I'll try to compile up an MceIr.dll that supports Vista and get you to test it for me if that's ok?

Cheers,

gommer

Portal Member
    October 7, 2006
    Belgium
    Home Country
    Belgium Belgium
    Aaron,

Sorry to say i can't help with testing. Only using the plugin for girder, nothing else.

Did you happen to see my previous post, asking about cmdkeycode? You can probably answer from the top of your head.
    Does anyone know how cmdkeycode is interpreted (second box next to 'key:' in config dialog)?
    I'm trying to send CTRL + ALT modifiers for a keyboard command.
    Thanks in advance, Marc

and-81

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 7, 2005
    Melbourne
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    The key code aspect of the input mapper is quite old and not really used any more. All it does is create a key press that is then interpreted by MediaPortal's keyboard input handler. So you may as well be mapping the function directly instead of passing it back through the keyboard handler.

If you're trying to make it simulate a keypress that some other program will act on then you'd be better off doing that through Girder, because I don't think MediaPortal can be made to simulate complex keystrokes in that way.

I have been toying with adding a keystroke command type into the plugin which would let you assign complex keystroke combinations to remote buttons or as a part of a macro... For example, you could have a button on the remote type out your name or signature line for emails or a web address, or something like that.

Hope that helps,

tesamu

Portal Pro
    December 4, 2006
    Rogaland
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Hi again and thanks for replying to my post.

I have tried to get blasting working in Vista without any luck. As mentioned before, Myblaster didn't work either. I'm running configuration and MP as Administrator. Files are being written to sub-dir IR, but are empty.

When I click Learn IR, 'Failed to learn IR' is immediately displayed in Status. It does not wait until remote are being pressed.

I ran MCERemoteTest.exe from another folder under my documents. It still won't learn or blast.

I have tried both the original ehome-driver and the replacement-driver. Maybe the problem is related to access to the device?

tes

and-81

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 7, 2005
    Melbourne
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    EDIT:

I thought about this some more and I think I know why it doesn't work now ...

I believe it's because the MCE remote device has a different device name in Vista to what it has under XP. The MceIr.dll does not look for that device name and so it won't connect to the MCE remote device.

I'll try to compile up an MceIr.dll that supports Vista and get you to test it for me if that's ok?

Sorry, I shouldn't have edited my reply ...

If I can get my hands on the Guid (something like "{7951772d-cd50-49b7-b103-2baac494fc57}") that the mce transceiver uses under Vista then I can put that into the MceIr.dll and compile a vista compatible (hopefully) version of it.

gommer

Portal Member
    October 7, 2006
    Belgium
    Home Country
    Belgium Belgium
    The key code aspect of the input mapper is quite old and not really used any more. All it does is create a key press that is then interpreted by MediaPortal's keyboard input handler. So you may as well be mapping the function directly instead of passing it back through the keyboard handler.

If you're trying to make it simulate a keypress that some other program will act on then you'd be better off doing that through Girder, because I don't think MediaPortal can be made to simulate complex keystrokes in that way.
    I have been toying with adding a keystroke command type into the plugin which would let you assign complex keystroke combinations to remote buttons or as a part of a macro... For example, you could have a button on the remote type out your name or signature line for emails or a web address, or something like that.

Hope that helps,
    Well, it explains a lot, but unfortunately, it doesn't help. Maybe you have an idea when i explain what i'm trying.
    I'm trying to control ffdshow through girder. Now when i send keyboard commands to mediaportal, from girder, nothing happens. When i send them to invisible ffdshow processes, mediaportal hangs.
    So, i'm tryng to send the commands from within mediaportal, hoping that would work. Maybe anyone comes along who has been able to solve this problem, i can imagine i'm not alone trying to do this.
    By the way, when i use a real keyboard and type the commands, anywhere, whatever has focus, ffdshow sees them and it works.

Cheers, Marc

tesamu

Portal Pro
    December 4, 2006
    Rogaland
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Could it be this:

01.01.2007 14:53:39 Device.FindDevice: \\?\root#system#0001#{7951772d-cd50-49b7-b103-2baac494fc57}\port1

(from blaster.log)

this I found i registry:

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\DeviceClasses\{7951772d-cd50-49b7-b103-2baac494fc57}]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\DeviceClasses\{7951772d-cd50-49b7-b103-2baac494fc57}\##?#ROOT#SYSTEM#0001#{7951772d-cd50-49b7-b103-2baac494fc57}]
    "DeviceInstance"="Root\\SYSTEM\\0001"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\DeviceClasses\{7951772d-cd50-49b7-b103-2baac494fc57}\##?#ROOT#SYSTEM#0001#{7951772d-cd50-49b7-b103-2baac494fc57}\#PORT1]
    "SymbolicLink"="\\\\?\\Root#SYSTEM#0001#{7951772d-cd50-49b7-b103-2baac494fc57}\\PORT1"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\DeviceClasses\{7951772d-cd50-49b7-b103-2baac494fc57}\##?#ROOT#SYSTEM#0001#{7951772d-cd50-49b7-b103-2baac494fc57}\#PORT1\Control]
    "Linked"=dword:00000001

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\DeviceClasses\{7951772d-cd50-49b7-b103-2baac494fc57}\##?#ROOT#SYSTEM#0001#{7951772d-cd50-49b7-b103-2baac494fc57}\Control]
    "ReferenceCount"=dword:00000001

and-81

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 7, 2005
    Melbourne
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    In "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Contro l\DeviceClasses\" do a search for "hid#irdevice&col01#2" and see what that finds ...

I'm thinking I need to install vista and figure it out for myself though ...

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom