(original thread) MCE Replacement Plugin v1.0.0 (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

and-81

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 7, 2005
    Melbourne
    Home Country
    Australia Australia

tesamu

Portal Pro
    December 4, 2006
    Rogaland
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    I've attached my first attempt at a Vista compatible build of the MceIrApi dll file. Try copying the attached dll over the existing one in the driver folder. If it works I'll rebuild it properly and include it with the plugin. If it doesn't I'll try again.

Hi

Now I have tried the new dll. Sorry to report it doesn't work. However there is progress.

Now it waits to learn a button, but times out with message 'IR Learned'. However the IR-file in sub-dir. IR\ is empty. No blasting either.

I have tried this from another location than Program Files too, but same result.
    From configuration.log:

2007-01-02 15:55:26.190613 [Info.][Config Main]: MCEReplacement: IR file "C:\Program Files\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\plugins\Process\MCEReplacement\IR\0.IR" has no data, possible IR learn failure

I copied one of the ir-files for another STB and got this error:
    2007-01-02 17:00:26.864956 [ERROR][Config Main]: MCEReplacement: Failed to blast IR file "C:\Program Files\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\plugins\Process\MCEReplacement\IR\0.IR"

Have tried both ports.

I can use the remote to control MediaPortal.

Anything else I can do?

Thanks

Spragleknas

• Team MediaPortal
  • December 21, 2005
    Located
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Wooops......

Finally got time enough to install 0.2.2.0 w/SVNs - now the BIG problem is that I can't use this plugin, as it is not supported ???

Tried both 1.0 and 1.0.1 ver. of the plugin. What am I missing?

trevor

Portal Pro
    October 17, 2006
    Chelmsford
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Yep, found it just after I sent that...was looking in the wrong place...sorry. Just to confirm the plugin works fine on the setup I have here using the external command to change channels...all be it a tad slow for the channel to change, 5 secs on the same card and about 10 if changing channel and card, think that is just the was the tvserver works though...

and-81

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 7, 2005
    Melbourne
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Finally got time enough to install 0.2.2.0 w/SVNs - now the BIG problem is that I can't use this plugin, as it is not supported ???

Tried both 1.0 and 1.0.1 ver. of the plugin. What am I missing?

I noticed a change in the SVN yesterday (-ish) that might break the plugin again, so I'll do a recompile against SVN and see if there are any problems.

I should have an answer/download available by tomorrow.

Cheers,

and-81

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 7, 2005
    Melbourne
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Now I have tried the new dll. Sorry to report it doesn't work. However there is progress.

There are a number of reasons why that file might not work, it was worth a shot though. I'll look into it further, but I'll probably have to install Vista myself to get it working. I've got a spare hard disk laying around so I'll install it on that and see what I can do.

I WILL get it working. I promise. It just might take some time.

I'll post back when I have progress.

Watch this space.

tesamu

Portal Pro
    December 4, 2006
    Rogaland
    Home Country
    Norway Norway

There are a number of reasons why that file might not work, it was worth a shot though. I'll look into it further, but I'll probably have to install Vista myself to get it working. I've got a spare hard disk laying around so I'll install it on that and see what I can do.

I WILL get it working. I promise. It just might take some time.

I'll post back when I have progress.

Watch this space.

Good morning (local time)

Yes I believe there can be several issues, and it is not easy to solve them without having the OS.

Thank you for all the good work sofar and good luck.

wewe

Portal Pro
    August 3, 2005
    Herxheim
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi all,

I read a lot about versionning and SVN's here.

I am on a "clean" 0.2.2.0 and want to give the MCE driver replacement a try.

Is that possible? Or do I have to wait for a "stable version" of the plugin?

(By the way: I am using VLC as external DVD player and want to control it with my MCE remote instead of using my hauppauge remote)

thanks&regards
    WeWe

and-81

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 7, 2005
    Melbourne
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    wewe:

You can download the test version of the plugin from this post here:

https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/showpost.php?p=100460&postcount=401

It is compiled to run on clean 0.2.2.0 installations. If you have any problems let me know and I'll sort it out for you.

If no-one comes back with any issues with the test version of the plugin then I'll be putting it on the main download section soon.

Note that if you are going to use an external app for your DVD player then you will lose control over it if you move to the replacement driver. If you keep the default driver and the external app supports the MCE remote then it will work fine. Even if the external app doesn't directly support the MCE remote some buttons (arrows, etc) will work anyway with the default driver.

If you want to get the benefits of the replacement driver AND control external apps you should look at using HIP or Girder and putting the plugin into Message Mode. There's information on this in the docs that come with the plugin.

@Everyone else:

I've compiled a version for SVN. A change just went in to MP SVN that made a seperate compile necessary.

You can get the modified plugin DLL back on this post:

https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/showpost.php?p=100460&postcount=401

Cheers,

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom