(original thread) MCE Replacement Plugin v1.0.0 (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

eloo

Portal Pro
January 20, 2005
Aarhus, Denmark
Hey Aaron, don't know if the interface is new (tried this plugin a while back, but dropped it due to my stupid ir-receiver), but the new setup is much more intuitive and clean!

Keep it up!

wewe

Portal Pro
August 3, 2005
Herxheim
Home Country
Germany Germany
and-81: THANK YOU for helping us dump users so patiently. That is not normal for all of the plugin-maintainers (at least if I think about my own attitide while maintaining the "Autostart Plugin"). I think that is a reasonable part for the succes of a plugin!

Okay, after praising you here my next dump question:
I finally managed to install HIP and made it work togehter with MCE-RP somehow. I did "remove replacement driver mappings" - But I still have double-clicks. What made I wrong???

I am on 0.2.1.0 withount SVN

thanks+regards
WeWe
- keep up the good SUPPORT-

FLY

Portal Pro
September 5, 2006
California
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Hello Aaron,

is it possible to add this request in your todo list ?

Can we use MCE remote as a mouse also using the four arrow keys ? and may be a key to enable/disable the mouse mode ?

thx

and-81

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 7, 2005
    Melbourne
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    wewe:

There's a couple of reasons you can still be getting double-clicks. It could be that MediaPortal's native MCE remote handling is still enabled, or even the general HID handler could be handling the button presses. Or it could be a system-wide mapping in HIP.

Check your mediaportal logs and see if the arrow keys are being handled by the plugin. If they are then you need to remove their mappings, if they aren't then it's either another part of MediaPortal or it's HIP.

Sorry I can't be more specific, but there are a few reasons it can happen.

Hope that helps.

FLY:

I like it. I'll see what i can do. I don't know when I personally would ever use the feature, but I don't even use a set top box let alone half the other features in the plugin ! :)

Being so close to releasing 1.0.1 to the download section I don't think it would be wise to try getting this feature into 1.0.1, but I'll post a test version as soon as I get it working.

If you, or anyone else, has any other suggestions (no matter how strange or particular they are) let me know, I'm always looking for ways to improve the plugin.

Currently on my todo list:

1. Support Windows Vista.
    2. Better support for DirecTV set top boxes.
    3. Mouse mode.
    4. Usability and Compatibility improvements.
    5. Moving to an network enabled MCE transceiver service.

Cheers,

PS. I've just spent a few minutes mucking around with your Mouse Mode idea... I might have something you can test a little later today... maybe an hour or two. If not I'll post a demo tomorrow.

and-81

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 7, 2005
    Melbourne
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Another test version 1.0.1

Good news, everyone!

I've updated my test version of the plugin from the last page. And I've added ... Mouse Mode.

Mouse Mode lets you use the remote control (MCE, Different, or even in message mode) to control the on-screen mouse.

This doesn't just let you use the mouse inside mediaportal. As long as mouse mode is on and mediaportal is running you can control the mouse in any area of Windows.

I think it's pretty cool, so I put a fair bit of work into it this afternoon. Thanks to Fly for the idea.

Please refer to my post on the previous page of this thread for more information.

All feedback is welcome! So please, let me know if you have any problems or suggestions. Hopefully I'll put this on the download site real soon.

EDIT: There was a bug in the serial comms code, it's been fixed and there is a new version for download on the next page of this thread.

Cheers,

mortician

January 18, 2007
    Home Country
    Ireland Ireland
    hi and-81

thank you for your hard work on this plugin. I tried it yesterday with the previous version and got the same result as Tazman, no support for 0.2.2.0 nor the svn version, getting a plugin version mismatch when starting mediaportal configuration. I have now downloaded the new version, and installed it. It gave me an option whether to install svn or the 0.2.2.0, but it didn't give me options with regard to installing the replacement driver, and it hasn't replaced the eHome driver. Now when I start mediaportal config it doesn't throw an error but the plugin isn't found in the plugins list. Looking in the config.log it seems that the plugin loaded alright.

Kind regards
    Martin
    hi Aaron,
    greetings from ireland and thank you for all your hard work in preparing this supr plugin.
    hope you dont mind a \newbie asking a question.have spent some days trying to configure your plugin for 2 blasters to control my sky setop boxes.
    desperation prompts me to ask because i cannot find a way to open the configuration screens as shown in the pics in docs.
    would really appreciate if you could tell me how to get into configuration screens.
    also is girder essential to get the inputs into the blasters.
    thanks in advance and your work in the newfinal test version is much appreciated
    alex in dublin ireland

and-81

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 7, 2005
    Melbourne
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    What happened to MCEReplacementTray.exe, just installed the final test and its gone ?

It's in the "\Program Files\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal" folder. But there is a shortcut to it in the Start Menu under "Programs\MediaPortal\MCE Replacement Plugin"

@mortician:

eloo's instructions should get you into the configuration screen.

Cheers,

mortician

January 18, 2007
    Home Country
    Ireland Ireland
    to both eloo and also and-81
    many thanks for your assastance - bingo its there!! - blasters alreary flashing- this is a super tool - thanks again - best regards
    alex

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom